Truck Install

Username: Sandviper

Killeen, Texas USA

Post Number: 1
I want to put some bass in my truck and am a big JL fan, I am thinking about a pair of 10w7's powered by a pair of JL 1000 watt mono's but have been told they wont fit. My truck is a 2004 F150 King Ranch supercrew. Money isn't much of an issue but I would like to keep it below 2k if possible. Also, I am running a Pioneer Premier DEH-P8MP head unit with Infinity Reference 9603i 6x9's in all 4 doors. Anyone have any suggestions?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 222
this is how someone i've spoken with inverted his sub to solve the space issue (he took out the wiring so he could carpet the box).
this way, he doesn't have to provide for the displacement of his re sx 10.

Upload

two things though:

1) its just one sub that sits inbetween the seats. you could mount one right above it though and still have a box thin enough to keep behind the seats.
2) to invert a w7 it will have to be mounted from inside the box. i.e., before the box is completed.

just 1 idea though

Killeen, Texas USA

Post Number: 2
That's a helluva idea! I can't position it like that because I've got seat all the way across but maybe if I placed the box on the floor between and just behind the front seats with the sub firing down? Would it mess it up if I put a cover over the sub to protect it?

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 225
not at all (just don't completely seal it when you cover it). would be interesting how you would make it work though. if you can, post some pics along the way.

Killeen, Texas USA

Post Number: 3
Does anyone else have some other ideas as to how to set this up? It looks like I can only run 1 10w7 but I'd like 2 if I can do it without having to remove the backseat.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2187
Well, I don't know how much room you exactly have, but I had the same problem with my chevy 1500 extended cab... but take a look and maybe this can work for you as well!
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/719093
On the site, it says that the inclosure is RF... but my friend put the truck on there, and he didn't know... but it's custom... which I'm sure you already figured that out.:-) lol

Bronze Member
Username: Drew75

Carrollton, Ga

Post Number: 13
Taylor where did u get ur box man? I got two RF p2's and tryin to find a box like that. I have a 2002 Chevy 1500 bout like urs. thanks...

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2196
The shop that installed it custom built it. You could just coppy the pickture and try building it you'reself, or take the picture to a shop and have them build one like it.
Don't know if I got ripped off, but that box cost around $175 for them to build it!

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 479
i have a great one...take out the back seat and have a box made out of like really thick wood and make that ya sub enclosure and ya seat lol

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2207
What about seatbelts?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us