So I just got my new HU! But...

Silver Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 133
Features are great on it (btw it is a Pioneer Premier 470) but the sound quality didn't improve much over my factory HU, of course I still have my stock speakers in so I was lookin at replacin them with 2 pairs of 6.5" pioneer 3 ways... would that make the quality go up? Also, looking at trading in my 2 12" Sony Xplods for 2 12" Kicker CVR12's. My Xplod's are PLENTY loud enough but kinda suck in SQ. Was looking for a cheap upgrade. Overall what would that do to my SQ both of those upgrades combined? And 1 more thing... they might not be the best in the world but there is something called $ that this 17 year old doesn't have much of.

Bronze Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 45
your sq will definitly go up if you made those changes and you will be aquaring higher quality stuff

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 134
I really like the sound of my gf's mach audio system (stock) by ford. I want the good mid and highs like it has. The lows on mine are better but I wanna have clearer more rich sounding mids and highs... Would the midrange and tweeter of 4 of those 3 ways be enough to get that?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 135
Or would a 4 way be better suited for me? OR should I get a 3 way and put 2 seperate tweeters mounted on the door?

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 136
Narrowed it down... I want EXCELLENT crisp, clear midrange and highs in a speaker... I need it to be powered just off of my HU (22wrmsX4) so I need help deciding between the Pioneer 4-way and the Pioneer 3-way. What are the advantages and disadvantages of both? And would replacing 4 stock speakers with 4 pioneer 3 ways make a major improvement?

Bronze Member
Username: Sublover

Lacrosse, MN U.S

Post Number: 14
It would make a huge diference, cuz most stock speekers suck, and have paper cones(not the best). Also it depends on what kind of music you listen to. And since you already have subs or soon to get those kickers I would go for some speakers with more of a range and maybe consider something besides pioneer. Not that their bad, but go check out the alpine type r's. If you like them you can get the componets and that should give you the sound your looking for. They usually have some good deals on ebay so good luck.

Bronze Member
Username: Sublover

Lacrosse, MN U.S

Post Number: 15
Oh ya and if you do end up getting some knew speakers I would seriously consider getting an amp to power them, in most cases that sound about twice as good with an amp for power instead of the HU.

sq junkie
Unregistered guest
I recommend the "kenwood excellon" line of speakers. I can make those things louder than my subs if I turn up the amp to them.

Silver Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 137
Ok, I am on a really strict budget... Like $60 total for everything online from ebay SHIPPED. I can get 4 of these for around that http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0926INGFS10040459&catid=2011 4&logon=&langid=EN&test%5Fcookie=1 Are they a decent speaker and would I notice a good size difference over my stock speakers?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us