Question about direction of subs (limited choices)

Username: Fandim

Post Number: 3
I recently got a 1999 Firebird, and folding the back seats down, and taking the cover part off for the drunk area, I was able to fit a pair of bandpass boxes (each with two 12" subs) in the back.

Which direction should I face these for the best sound? I have to have them sideways, they wont fit facing forwards or backwards.

Should I face them towards each other, with a gap in the middle? Towards each other but very close, leaving a space between one side of my car and the subs, with the back of a box along the other side?

Should I have them each facing the same direction? And again, leave space between? or side by side?

Should I have them each facing away from each other, towards their respective side of the car? If so, back to back or along the side?

Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 736
Seth, I would get rid of the bandpass boxes, and go with a ported or sealed, firing forward or up into the glass.

Username: Fandim

Post Number: 5
Jeremy, when you say firing forward, what do you mean? I'm unable to face the boxes forward or backwards...only to the sides due to the available space...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us