Alpine swr-1042d wiring?

Bronze Member
Username: Shea88

Cartwright, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 33
I have a kenwood kac-x811d 1600 watt monoblock amp, now it says its a mono block yet it has 2 negatives and 2 positives which obviously doesnt make it a real monoblock, but that is beside the point, the amp is 1000 rms and I want to run my 2 10" alpine r's swr-1042d 4ohm dual voice coils off this amp. Now I was wondering how i would wire them to get the most from the amp and subs, a buddy told me I shud wire the 2 negatives together, and then the 2 positives for each sub, then run 1 positive and 1 negative out to the amp for each sub, if i did that what ohm wud i be running them at? Thanx for all your help and any diagrams wud be helpful

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 723
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=14030
well if you look here you will see that the amp puts out 919 watts at 2 ohms ok. How a mono block like this works is, You have one block if you just hook it up to one block(one set of pos and neg) it will give you the full 919 watts at 2 ohms. Now if you hook up one sub to each block the power will be divided in half and given = amount to each block. If i remember correctly the subs have a RMS of 500 watts so you will be slightly underpowering them but will barely notice the difference. Now you have to hook up each subs voice coils in parallel and hook them up to there own "block",monoblocks like this are basically a 2 channel amp only cooler and you have more wiring options.

Hope that helped.

I believe if you did what your buddy said to do if i understood correctly and you were wiring this to one block it would be a 1 ohm load and would overpower the subs.

Bronze Member
Username: Shea88

Cartwright, Manitoba Canada

Post Number: 34
So I shud only use 1 set of pos and neg's? and wire the subs together? Or can I do what my friend said to do without recking my amp? A diagram wud be helpful:-)

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 733
No I clearly stated what you have to do "Now you have to hook up each subs voice coils in parallel and hook them up to there own block" You take each sub, wire each subs voice coils in parallel, then put each sub on there own block. You DO NOT wire the subs together in anyway. There is noy way to wire dvc 4 ohm subs together to get a 2 ohms load.

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/rftech/wiringwizard.asp?WoofQty=1+woofer&WoofImp= Dual+Voice+Coil+-+4+ohms+x+2&image.x=21&image.y=7&image=Submit
do that for each sub then put each sub on there own block.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 734
put in one woofer and DVC 4 ohm.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 736
oh and make sure its the one that says 2 ohm load.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us