James Longo, look at this NOW!!

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2872
Hey man, I hooked up my Orion tonight, and I have a few questions. I asked Isaac in the amp section, but he hasn't responded yet. First off, either that Ron guy put the wrong plus in the amp, or it doesn't really fit 4 gauge, because 4 gauge power and ground don't fit in the amp. The holes are a little too small, and the only way to get the power and ground in is to twist and cram it in, and then I have a bunch of stray strands going all over that won't fit.

Secondly, on the high and low pas filters, the little things you turn to dial in the frequencies are confusing me. You turn the dial all the way to the left, and then you start turning it right to go to higher frequencies, but then at the end it drops down to the lowest frequencies again. It's hard to explain, but I know you know what I'm talking about.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3408
Nick they made two sets of plugs for that amp. you can go on ebay and get the 4 guage plugs for it. also you are gonna have to swap out the fuses when you put in the 4 guage plugs to 2-40amp fuses not 30 amp. as far as the x-over goes the reason they do that is because it has a bandpass mode which can be sed as a subsonic filter so you set your low at say 80htz then the high at say 20htz and it acts as a subsonic. google the manual and check it out if you cant find one I will photo copy mine and send it to you. I have found it extremly usefull.

what subs are you running with it?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3323
Joe, I did respond to your question. Anyways, Orions made 4 gauge plugs but they are very tight. You will need to shave off some strands in order to make it fit.
Read the your post in the amp section.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2873
Dammit, I figured I've have to get new plugs. How hard is it to change the plugs? Also, so what happends on the highpass say, when you go from the third spot at 1 khz, and then turn twords the last spot, which is back at 10 hz? Does it drop right off from 1 khz to 1hz? I'm still confused man.

(btw, I'm runnign that stupid audiobahn I had in the garage)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2874
Yeah sorry Isaac, I just checked the amps section. I do think I have the 4 gauge plugs, it's just a really tight fit. I'll try cutting a few strands off, because like I said, if I twist and push hard, the wires almost go in, there's just a few left out.

Btw, thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us