HELP, new system!! Problems already!! JL 1000 2 W6V2's

Bronze Member
Username: Shekei

Post Number: 59
Hey guys. My setup is 2 12" JL audio w6v2's powered by a JL 1000/1 amp and infinity kappa components powered by MTX audio 502 amp. My deck is a DEH-P770MP CD-MP3-WMA-WAV RCVR.

Here is my problem, I am not sure whether or not its my deck or what, or if I pulled a plug moving the subs, im just hoping its not my amp (no warranty). I pound my system today and it was awesome, later today not sure if its cause i moved the subs but the cord is in tight, it cuts out when i reach like 28 level on my deck then u can't hear anything. I have to turn my deck off then reboot it. The amp shows no power (JL), but when I start the car it has power until it hits that 29 - 32 volume level. Its not even over maxing the subs.

My buddy checked it out and seen a big brown cord and said it could be my ground. I don't think its the amp, but what do you guys think?

alternator? i just got a new one. (well its rebuilt)

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 374
if it was your alternator your car wouldnt be working so i dont thing its that.. just go through all your wiring first .. grounds can be a pain so make sure its a good connection and that its as short as possible.. also make sure u have 4 gauge wiring from battery to ground and battery to engine... im assuming u have an ho alternator cause you should .. that should have at least 4 ga going from the alt to battery check all of that first then go from there

SHEKEI2
Unregistered guest
Also. Its now making a weird noise like a high pitch noise from subs no bass anymore. And my JL amp shows Low (Ohms) light

JL Nut
Unregistered guest
Looks like you've wired the subs in parallel, and they're showing 1 Ohm load to that amp!!!

That amp only accepts 1.5 Ohm or above

So wire them in series and show 4 Ohms

BOOM!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us