My new box

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 532
here is the box i built for my avalanche it is tuned to 26.11hz and is 13.232^3ft. 2 more coats of paint and im done with it and that is 10gauge wire going into the box.Upload
Upload
Upload

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 621
That's a nice coat of paint and sweet job on getting that hole cut out so perfectly.

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 533
rotozips work wonders :-)

Username: Slick8844

Post Number: 1
I have a 98 Mitsubishi Eclipse and i just bought a system for it. I was wondering if anyone out there currently has a system in their eclipse? Could you tell me how you hooked up your wires and how you drilled through the firewall (where at?). The system is hooked up now but i get a lot of engine noise, turning my lights on, ect. I have the wires hidden but there snaked all in the car. Thanks if you got any help! :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Voodoochilde

Greencastle, Indiana

Post Number: 60
Ryan-to your question sound deadening will help the most...dynamat (if you want to spend that much money), eDead...ect. & some advice-you'll probably get more specific answers to your questions if you start your own topic, plus some people get mad when you post in their topic because then its hard telling which question people are answering.

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 368
man alpine thats a "BIG" box lol just wondering "unless i didnt see it" why didnt u put any bracing inside?? those are big stretches of 3/4 mdf or do u think the port will relieve most of the pressure?? looks good tho even with the type of paint used ...i wouldnt wanna be in the car when u crank that up lol.. I should show u a pick of my type r box i used the duplicolor automotive paint and it matched the color of the cones exactly which was pretty cool... friggin expensive pain tho :\

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2807
what are your demensions internally for your box alpine? and what are the demensions of your port? I assume your using .75 mdf. Nice box by the way.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1279
yea, you may want to add some kind of bracing inside that box, as stated, those are long streatchs of MDF and they will resonate with that sub.

If you dont want to change the internal volume, use threaded rod.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2811
also why didnt you use terminal cups?

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 534
i do have bracing you just cant see it and the reason i dont use terminal cups is for the fact that the cups dont conduct the voltage as well as the copper wire does. I'll have to hunt for the box dimensions i cant seem to find them but as for the port its 7"W x 17.5"T x 27"D.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us