JL 12w3V2 D2 wiring question

Username: Cajun74

Post Number: 10
I have a JL 12w3V2 D2 in a stealthbox, and a memphis "baby" belle amp that is 1ohm stable on the 5th channel. Power is 100x1 rms at 4ohm, 200x1 rms at 2ohm, 400x1 rms at 1 ohm. My question is should i wire the 2ohm sub at 4ohm or 1 ohm. I dont think you can wire a dvc 2ohm sub at 2ohm. Any advice would be appeciated. Thanks in advance.

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 256
Why not wire it to 1 ohm? You would get the most power from the amp, obviously.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
I didnt know if there would be too much power going to just one sub.(400rms) Or would it be better to get a 4ohm sub and wire it to 2ohm.

PAN0CHA
Unregistered guest
Man Isaac W. shut the f*ck up you guys dont know sh!t we need someone who really knows what their talking about. And aaron dont aask stup!d f*cking questions moron!

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
To someone new to this car stereo stuff, these are not stupid questions. Hopefully one day i will be more knowlegable and will be able to answere these questions for someone else. But for right now, i need to ask these kinds of questions.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 189
no. wiring your sub to a 1ohm load would be perfect! around 50% power beyond rms is always appropriate. this additional headroom makes a superb difference. i had the w3v1's and fed them 250/sub. it banged but i wished that i had gone with a more powerful amp. too much is always better than too little. plus, jl is extremely modest in their sub ratings. so, Isaac is obviously absolutely correct. just listen for distortion and recognize your limits.
further, continue asking such questions and reviewing forums and reading. this is the best way to learn (and that IS the reason for this forum anyway).
http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/wiring/#2dvcsp
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us