Isaac, I'm confused with this Orion G4, help me set it up.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2868
Ok man, I think I have everything set, but I'm confused with the high and low pass crossovers. I know how to set everything, but which way are the stupid little knobs with flat head screw driver slots pointing? The slot goes all the way through, and there's not little dot or arrow on the silver knob thing to indicate what your selecting. I can't tell if my high pass is set at 35 hz or 1 khz...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3322
Joe, you need to first turn all the dials to the left (min setting). Then with perm marker, put a small dot on the silver dial. That is your guide for setting xover. I had to do that on mine too.
You'll see some numbers on the xover, those are the "popular" setting that you can quickly set visually.
The HPF can be set from 20Hz to 10Khz, LBF can be set from 5Khz to 10Hz I think. It gives you very wide range.
If you press both the LPF and HPF, then that'll set you in the bandpass mode. Great for powering mids.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2870
Ok, thanks man, I had the dials turned all the way to the right, and then turned them back to the left, but it didn't seem right.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2871
There still is something I don't get though. How come on the 3 crossover dials, they start low at the far left, and then the values get bigger, and then they get small again at the very far right? look at the high pass for example. You turn the dial all the way to the left, and your pointing at 35 hz. Then you turn it a quarter, and your at 120 hz, another quarter, and your at 1 khz, but when you turn it the rest of the way, your at 10 hz?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3325
Joe you're getting confused. The control starts at 10Hz. The 35Hz is a point of reference for those that want quick setting. It is also one of the most popular setting, that's why it was marked on the display.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2875
No man, when I turn the dial all the way to the left, it stops with the screw driver slot pointing twords 35. Then I start turning it to the right, and it goes up, like it should, but then after 1 khz, it goes down to 10 hz, and stops, and won't go right any further.

Gold Member

Post Number: 3327
Joe, with the dial turned all the way to left (min setting), with a marker, put a small dot where the 10Hz indicator is. Now use that dot as a guide. If you want 35Hz, then make sure the dot is pointing to it and etc.
Unlike most modern amps, the "slot" doesn't mean anything. It's just there for flat head screw driver adjustment.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2877
Ohhhhhhhhh, crap man. Now I get ya. I figured the slot was what you used to point at the $hit. Ok, thanks man. Lol, judging by how I used the slot to set the crossovers, my hp is set at about 200 and my low pass is at about 5000.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us