Bass Suggestion Please

Eclipse
Unregistered guest
Hello I have a Mitsubishi Eclipse, and I would like to put some bass in the back. It is a hatchback and the rest of the system is already complete for around 300- 400 dollars what would you recomend for sub(s) Enclosure and Amp.

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 137
With the hatchback design, and the related cabin gain, you could install a 10" sub in the back that would sound great. I have seen various installs that mount the sub in the spare tire well.

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 225
i would reccomend an 8w7 and a jlaudio 250/1 those 8w7's have 19mm 1 way xmax, its an amazing sub really and put out more than most 12's hehe..

make a little ported box to go with it and ur good to go and its not power hungry at all, with only around 250w rms running on it, its only going to draw ~25A continuous

Eclipse
Unregistered guest
Thank you.
About the tire well any other place to mount it? because I kinda want my spare tire.

Username: The_master

Bellmawr, Nj Usa

Post Number: 3
with the hatch just make sure you use a ported box--people will tell you sealed-it seams to me from what i read about your system your trying to stay less expansive--going ported will auto give yoou a 3db increase in output-also this will allow you to jse an amp with less power and achieve great results-fire the ports to the rear of the hatch--3db is double your volume--with out increasing the power-

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 144
John is right on, whatever box design you use make sure that the air movement moves toward the hatch, which will add cabin gain as it moves to the front of the car. Simply, you want your subs firing up. let me look around, I had an old kicker design that mounted along the hatch which held four 6 1/2's firing up into the hatch. Sounded great, but in no way will it get down like a 12 incher like bacon suggested. If you can afford it, definetly go with a good sub.

Eclipse
Unregistered guest
Now if i like punk and techno and stuff with really fast bass. Might it cause a problem to a ported sub?

Silver Member

Post Number: 229
it shouldnt, but sometimes a ported box has a slighly slower resonant effect than a sealed box and this could be like half a second or less out of phase with realllllllly fast bass...

other than that, i really think an 8w7 will do the job for you but remember to build a ported box to JL specs, not to your trunk specs heh

but to answer ur question, no it wont cause a problem, just maybe the bass will be like .25 seconds behind

Silver Member

Post Number: 230
one more thing, you have 300-400 dollars for a sub and amp?

Eclipse
Unregistered guest
Yes

Silver Member

Post Number: 262
ah..humm an 8w7 with a 250/1 goes for a little more than 400, probly near 600...if thats too much just tell me i can find you something cheaper
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us