05 HIFONICS BX2005D 2000w amp question

Username: Somekilla

Post Number: 1
hi, im planning on getting
2 AUDIOBAHN 12'' SUBWOOFERS AW1206T 4400 WATT , 1100rms each sub

and for the amp im planning on getting a "05 HIFONICS BX2005D 2000w MONO CAR AUDIO AMPLIFIER" which supposely runs at 2000rms , would i be able to connect this mono amp to run my 2 subs at 1000 rms each sub? , and is this amp any good? would it be hitting hard?
thanks for the help

Post Number: 2
oh by the way the amp will be running at 1 ohm , and the subs are 4 ohms , would i be able to connect them still?

killerzracing
Unregistered guest
no from what i know (which isnt a whole lot) is that the subs need to 1 ohm capaple and those same subs are the ones i want to get the are 2 or 4 ohm capaple not 1 ohm i think if you run it a one 1 ohm you might have some problems and how much is that amp? Pluss check this those audiobahns are now 139 dollars from circut city so you will get the manufacture wararnty i think you should get those subs quick got to there website and just and look for them

Bronze Member
Username: Zagross

Post Number: 15
alright, if your subs are 4 ohm single coils then no you cant run it @ 1000 watts each, you must run the amp @ 2 ohm impedence. if you have 2 a dual voice coil then you can make the sub a 2 ohm sub, to check if its dual voice, check to see how many connections the sub takes, if it has 1 + and 1 - then its singel, if it has 2 then its dual, (2+ , 2 0).

so basically connect the 2 4 ohm subs in parallel with each other then hook one up to the amp, you will get a 2 ohm impedence like that, and run the amp @ 2 ohms.

Post Number: 3
ok thanks
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us