RE XXX, AvA, or Brahma?
in Terms of SQ:
SPL:
SQL:

Silver Member
Username: Virus5877

West Lafayette, Indiana USA

Post Number: 141
The RE XXX and the Brahma are pratically the same sub with different letters printed on them.

I've never heard the AvA, but I know Brahma's hit damn hard!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4141
SPL: XXX
SQL: Brahma (IMO)
Cost/Performance: Avalanche

There are some differences between the subs, XXX traded a little BL strength and efficiency for more power handling and added throw, and works well ported, Avalanche uses a loose (VERY loose) suspension in order to be efficient, have good low bass, and work in small sealed enclosures, but are very particular about ported boxes (very peaky). Brahma is an in the middle performer as far as enclosures go, and has a very linear excursion curve, great SQL sub. For SQ I'd prefer it over the other two. Suspensions of all are different and all have different enclosure requirements. It's more about choosing the horse for the course as all are great subs.

Bronze Member
Username: X_cold_x

Amsterico, NY USA

Post Number: 38
for SPL id use the RE SX , the XXX is like in between both SPL and SQ its a more diverse sub

Silver Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 135
Awsome yea sum time down the road i would lke to get a brahma...im gunna be running 2 atlas 12's sealed mainly sq so i want to see how the higher end subs fair...in the future... i heard the brahma pretty $$$ any1 have a site with pricing so i can cheeck it out for myself...i have the re site but not the adire

Bronze Member
Username: Doug_w

Post Number: 56
What about the good old ID MAX man
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us