New Alpine vs. Old Alpine

Username: Camaro823

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 4
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows if there is a major difference between the older Alpine Type E (SWE-1241) and the newer one (SWE-1242). Would 1 older one and 1 new one work together or would they pound at different times? Is it possible to run a newer and older one together in one system?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 182
Yes and no. At a certain dB the soundwaves will cross, and the system won't be able to "become louder". If that makes sense? Pretty tired today. LOL. With those subs, I doubt you'll see those volumes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 183
Yes and no. At a certain dB the soundwaves will cross, and the system won't be able to "become louder". If that makes sense? Pretty tired today. LOL. With those subs, I doubt you'll see those volumes. Short answer: go for sh!t, should be fine.

Silver Member

Post Number: 184
Arg, two posts... didn't hit the stop button fast enough...

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 371
most likely theres been a few not a good idea to cross the 2 might sound like shite try to get the exact same model

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 5
Would the difference be noticeable ? i plan on getting another of the newer ones later on but i received an older one for free so i might as well use it and I want 2. I tried getting another old one but it seems to be too much of a hassle. So my point is, will they at least sound decent ? and is there a possibility of damaging parts of the system if i were to run them ?

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 6
any help ?

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 7
? (Trying to keep it fresh...LOL)

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 8
anybody got any tips (preferably people who know their alpine stuff) I want to know cause a sale on some other subs is about to end and i need to know if i should just keep the old one and buy a new one...or buy 2 new ones.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3462
what other subs are you looking at? I would go with cefrwin vega v-max's or Kicker cvr's, image dynamics IDQ over those type e's

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 10
They were the 12" JBL GT120

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 110
I thought the difference was one is dual 4 ohm voice coils and the other was single 4 ohm coil.
I'm probably wrong though lol

Bronze Member

British Colu... Canada

Post Number: 11
oh really, well i'm really new to car audio. Can anyone confirm that difference, I may sound stupid but if it were true...is that a big problem ?...will the 2 at least work together for a little while till i get another one or will it sound horrible and damage the system ?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us