Position

itsame
Unregistered guest
i have a truck in which my subs are in the back. my queston is which way should i face my subs. should i face the forward... toward the cab. or toward the tailgate. in case your wondering i have a cover on my back.

bloohbllaah
Unregistered guest
i dont think it would make a difference in what way you face it

Username: The_master

Bellmawr, Nj Usa

Post Number: 4
question is-ported sealed? also size of subs-what is enclosure made of--do you have a hard cover over the bed--if a soft tonue cover face forward-if ported face the ports to the side of truck(trying to use cabin gain) if ported on other side then face ports to the front--if it is a soft cover your sound will escape at point of lease resistance -sound(movement of air)so if this is case point sealed box subs to the front of truck or ported to the front--good luck

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 143
The speakers are in the bed of the truck not firing through a cut through, right? If they are face them to the rear with the ports firing up. If they are sealed face them either directtion, up or back, but not into the front panel of the bed, this will cause you to hear sheetmetal rattle instead of bass. I would consider having a cut through installed between the bed and the cab, which would mean you would hear, and feel, the bass even though the box is in the bed.

Bronze Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 48
now remember there is flex between the box and the cab so what i would it have the box's mounted tight to the box and then have the hole cut in the cab about an inch bigger than the speaker box's all the way around then have like a piece of rubber glued around the edges of the cab to the speaker box sealing off the air and i think that TBone's idea is the best way to go i saw an old R.F. truck that had this done with 3 15's that was back when fosgate was the sh!t
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us