Amp for 2 Ava 12s

Bronze Member
Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 30
i was just wondering if you get a cheaper amp and powered the avalanches (12's) would it hurt the subs?... i want to get the JL 1000/1 for them but it cost so much... until i get enough cash to get it i can only power them with the amp i have now...

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 106
just get a good amp like memphis or something that give you that power you want at the impedance you wire it.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3406
what amp do you have now?

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 31
hey James L... i got a boss audio rip-d3 amp... but yea ... i was jw if it was ok to power them with that for a little bit before i got a better amp... hopefully it doesnt hurt the subs or ne thing =/ that would suck heh...

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3420
I dont know anything about that amp but I do know that boss in general isnt a great company. The only thing is you dont want that amp to clip which will damage your sub. I kow boss uses max ratings not rms ratings so I would honestly hold off untill you came up with theh cash to buy a better amp. look for a jbl 1200.1 that will run it nice. also a kicker 1200.1, orion 1200.1, those will all power it nicely.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 542
anything that produces 1200watts+ at 2ohms or .5ohms will be great. all the amps that james mentioned will work well i am partial to the jbl :-) (produces more than it says), but the downside is it doesnt have a ssf on the amp for ported enclosures.

Bronze Member

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 32
hmm yea i was thinking about the jbl amp... but the thing is it doesnt have ssf on it =/ ... i have a ported box heh... and yea... i was going to save enough money for the jl 1000/1...:-)

your right about boss rating there amps by max... i think at 2 ohms max is 2200 max... but thats max... i dunno rms... =/ err im not a patient person heh... so ionno if i can wait for the new amp to power them haha. the amp has ssf on it ... but i still dunno... power or no power

Bronze Member
Username: Big_ed

Post Number: 38
what about the edesigns nine.1 for 2 12s?

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1902
no it has to be at a .5 or 2 ohm load. how about an mtx 1501. it will be in your budget and does 1500 at 2 ohms.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3472
yup that will work well.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us