I Made a bad choice i think

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

South Bend, Indiana United States

Post Number: 202
I just bought the brand new Memphis 16-MCD1000 looks bad A$$ check it out http://www.memphiscaraudio.com/products/details.asp?id=25, im going to be hooking it up to two eclipse aluminum 12's, tell me what ya think, the subs are 450rms a piece dual 2 ohm,is this going to be a good setup

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 221
the ohms don't match up so all your going to get is about 300watts to each sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 203
Will that hurt the subs, being they will be underpowered.

Silver Member

Post Number: 204
Man what amp would be good for those subs, i can go return the amp but i need a amp that fits the subs, would anything with 900rms @ 2 ohms be the right setup.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 172
that amp is stable to .5 ohms. it is reported frequently from competetors that it takes the load very well actually.
the fact that it is a D class helps.
with regards to 900watts/2subs, yeah thats the rms but it is best to feed your drivers up to 50% more than rms (headroom).
i like your selection, though. if your feeling faint, the EDnine.1 for 350.00 shipped will give you 900wx1.

Silver Member

Post Number: 205
Yea i dunno they said they could play around with the wiring but i dont want to hurt my subs or mess up anything soo, the audio shop showed me a JL e1800D amp thats like 75 bucks more, would this work well i think the amp is like 800x1 @ 2ohms, im not to sure if i want the amp since its only 2 ohm stable, Haha im driving myself insane, i cant just get it right.

Bronze Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 93
you have to go with what will work with your subs. look on ebay and save yourself alot of money.

Silver Member
Username: Mikechec9

Chicago/atlanta

Post Number: 174
your subs can be wired for two ohms or .5 ohms. that's it. at .5 ohms, i figure you will be supplying about 600 watts per sub. so your memphis would make them sound best. if you attempt to push your amps w/just 800 watts, it will sound ok, but it will be necessary to crank the volume up to really get the full effect you are looking for. with the memphis, you are much LESS likely to damage your drivers due to clipped signals. so, its not the subs you need to worry about "handling" a specific ohm load (they WILL work at 2ohm and .5 ohm), its the amp. there are plenty of options, but that's just my opinion.

Silver Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 104
i personally would not wire that memphis to .5 ohm

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4317
dank, are you selling your 1500d now?

Silver Member

Post Number: 206
Yep, but i think my buddy wants it for his 3 W6v2's

Silver Member

Post Number: 207
I might be selling my eclipses with the box also because i got a deal on 2 w6v2's in a sealed box with 3 year warranty for 700 bucks.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4318
dank, ill pay you 150 shipped
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us