Silver Member
Username: Shadylimitedx

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 187
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=204&1=205&3=3635

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 152
That isn't a hugely great deal. There is many better quality, higher powered amps for cheaper.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 550
Absolutely, you have to do your research. But that isn't a bad price at all...I wouldn't use it to power a Volfenhag, though.

Username: Giasswoif

Northwest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 3
there is far better stuff out there.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 188
like?? give me sum links

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 493
And just why wouldn't you use it to power a VOLFENHAG JEXXEN? HRMMMMMMMMMM??????? EH HEM? I use an A8000T to power MINE, and it does just fine, as long as he watches the gain, it would work very nicely!

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 222
Lets face it... a Volfenhag is not a good SQ sub. But I wouldn't say that Alpine have that good of sound quality amps either. For $400 look for something on ebay. You can get a Xtant 1001 for about $300 on ebay and it will totally blow that Alpine away. Simply cuz Xtant is really underrated and they are top notch when it comes to SQ.

See take a look at this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=64573%26item%3D5781394112 %26

Getting that amp for that price is a awesome deal.

Silver Member

Post Number: 497
Hey, it has pretty good SQ, but just left alone to pound, no, but I read a forum somewhere, where a person bench tested it, as well as applied a parametric equalizer, and it turns out that the subs will not only play loudly, but can also sound good, but when left to play alone without aid, it tends to want to play all frequencies. I have noticed this myself, which is why I am getting a new HU with a parametric EQ, to see if this helps at all. When they try to hit all frequencies possible, it tends to get a little muddy, but like I said, this person toyed with it, and found that the sub sounded good. Also, it's not extremely overrated. He also bench tested it, and found it's power to actually be 475 RMS/950 MAX. I'm sure those are rounded up, but still they are said by the company to be 500 RMS/1000 MAX, ask Sony if their subs really can do 400 RMS/1400 MAX, I guaranteed the answer is no. So don't go picking on Volfenhag subs just because you haven't had experience with them, and because their price is that of even less than Sony. In today's world, all audio equipment is made the same...unless it's European. It's all made for pennies in lower end countries, some being third world. So don't let them fool you.

Silver Member

Pgh, Pa Usa

Post Number: 195
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18796%26item%3D5781806747 %26

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2857
"In today's world, all audio equipment is made the same...unless it's European. It's all made for pennies in lower end countries, some being third world. So don't let them fool you"

Actually, your wrong, and pretty dumb as well.

Most of the higher end audio equipment is US made. Almost all of the highest end car audio amps are US made. Lot's of higher end subs are also made in the us. Some of the best stuff, such as Digital Designs, is individually hand made right here in the us of a.

Silver Member

Post Number: 502
Hah, then I guess Volfenhag is high end? It's made in the USA according to the box!

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 236
Ummm.... Am I wrong or isn't a Volfenhag a german sub? The box was probably made the U.S.! LOL. :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
Germans have always been on the leading of technology buddy. They have always been smarter than Americans, look at WWI: They had first machine guns and U-Boats (Submarines). Clearly they know their stuff.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 244
That's great... thanks for the history lesson bud. If I ever have a WWI question on Who wants to be a Millionaire, I know which friend to phone! :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 507
Only stating the facts lol. Germans even make great music! Look at Rammstein and Megaherz, good stuff!

Anonymous

so let me know if and when you get that sub if it is all you make it out to be.. see i a lil while back bought a VR3 sub from walmart... pretty crappy sub, but hit hard.. for about 3 days.. then i went sub shoping i was going to buy a Volfenhag untill i noticed that the sub is constructed out of the same cheap aluminum that the VR3's use- the back of the VR3 looks simalar to the Volf... so then i decided to go with a Kicker comp VR.. nice sub i would say.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us