High excursion sub or not?

Robertj
Unregistered guest
audiobahn are there subs any good? why i ask is because i want to get there 10inch ultra high excursion sub. but i dont know what the differnce is in sound with a high excersion sub and just a normal on, so if some one would please tell me i would be greatful.

Anonymous

forget audiobahn....i made a huge mistake and got two of there 10"s.....my solobaric L5 12 is way way way louder and has much better SQ!!!!!!!!!!!

audiobahn "looks" good, but kicker beats them in every other aspect!!!

get yourself one of the new L7's and put it in a vented box!!!!! you wont be sorry....your neighbors will!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tbone

OK United States

Post Number: 124
Just about any mid level quality sub will work better than the audiobahn subs. Yes, the L5 would eat it for lunch, but just about any of the good brand subs could do the same.

Anonymous

If you want 2 10's then get some CompVR's....and if you have cash....get some BaBy Brahmas....the Brahma 10 has more excursion than a 12L7 i think!!!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 222
if you have more cash, get a 10w7 or a pair...they will blow u away

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1570
if you give us a budget, or price rage, we could recommend some good subs for ya.
that may be easier than just giving subs in a shotgun price range.

loud and low
Unregistered guest
in a comparision between a Kicker L7 and the brahma series the is none. that brahma has 28mm of xmas one way the L7 only has 16mm xmas one way. so even including the extra surface area for the square cone the brahma still move far more volume, the more air you move the louder you can be. also the brahmas have awsome sound quality the L7 don't.

Username: Creampuff

Post Number: 8
ive got two audiobahn high excursion 12's in an extended cab ford ranger, and it hits hard as hell... I wouldn't want any more bass if you gave it to me for free. Kicker is probably better, but look at the price difference. I bought my subs for 100 dollars each, ive looked at kicker 12s for about 350 each...... think about it? is just a little more bass worth hundreds of dollars to you?

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 257
why not get a pair of shivas? those subs are mad crazy awesome (lol yes i did say that) ESPECIALLY for their price bracket, and even outside it...

one shiva can hit 135 dB at 15 Hz, just to give something to compare by

Robert j
Unregistered guest
i don't have a budget really, just not ready to get a new amp, i allready have a 12inch comp vr but i kinda want more quality. my plan was just to get two of the vr subs, but didn't have the money for both at the time, and like i said, i think i wont better qualtiy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us