Why so young?

bassman
Unregistered guest
why are most people on hear like 16 and 17. How many years experience could you have. You just like things based on opinion and not personal experience. I remember when i was in high school whenever people talk about car audio most people don't know sh@t they just hear what other kids have said and think. I wouldn't trust some kids opinion. Some people think that 2 12's are loud and consider that to be insane or whatever go to spring break nationals and you will discover a new meaning of loud.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 476
im 23 was in car audio for 2 years then just got back into it recently. learning something new every day.

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 515
Ladies and Gentlemen, bassman!

And the majority of the responses aren't 16-17 year olds, they're the ones asking the questions. And not believing in today's youth is pretty sad...is bassman like a bitter old man or something?

Silver Member
Username: Thx_3417

Bournemouth, Dorset United Kingdom

Post Number: 287
Or they can go to http://www.termpro.com/dbdrag/ till there blue in the face, or sit next to the space shuttle, upon lunch that will give them a just stamped the neighbours cat look on there face?

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 479
2 12s can get very loud if u get the right 12s and put it in a nice box with alot of power (i.e RE mt 12s with about 5kw each)

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 643
I'm 16 and have been into car audio since I was 11

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2073
Yup... ported tuned to around 47HZ... DD 9917!
Or 2 TRF2212 with 2 RF T20001BD's powering them. I'll be 18 in 3 months, but I've been on this forum for almost a year... I'm pretty sure I know more than you're average kid in high school about car audio.
I owe a lot to Glass, Jonathan... James and minny others who taught me the ins and outs of car audio.
P.s, www.bcae1.com might of helped a little.:-) lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 290
Your sweet 16 and,

Your knowledge of the force grows, stronger and stronger, but you not a db drag yet!

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2074
BTW, I don't recomend subs that I've never heard!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3278
Nothing wrong with teens asking questions. Sooner or later, they're going to age and become "experienced" audio users.

Silver Member

Post Number: 296
God help us all?

Silver Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 106
I'm 17, been into car audio since I was about 12. I've owned quit a few systems, about 8 different myself. And I've installed systems for friends or profit at one of my five jobs. I've done about 60+ installs so far. It's sad people like you bassman... seems like most kids in High School have more maturity than you do.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2080
Lol hahaha yup! It sounds like he got showed up by one of us 16-17 year olds!

Silver Member
Username: Msully701

Stratford, Connecticut US

Post Number: 172
well first thing he needs to do is realize that todays youth is much smarter then the old bags, schools have been updated much more from back in the day most the teens on here read the websites like www.bcae1.com and read it like five times, just because they are young doesnt mean anything. and I dont know about you but im sure "teens" like rocking out a lot more then old people and therefore want there systems top notch and research it, thats what I did, I always research anything im going to do or buy

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 420
lol im just 14 and i know my stuff...except port tuning

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4263
What i think bassman is trying to say is why are people taking our opinions on what to get because he does not think we have had enough things to hear ourselves because of not enough time, well bassman, im 17 and i have been on this forum since december of 04 and i am pretty sure i know what im doing when it comes to car audio, i have installed 200+ systems, owned over 100 DIFFERENT subs and ovwer 50 different amps, also owned 22 hu's over the past year, i keep growing and learning more and more. bassman, just because someone is young doesnt mean they dont know anything, for instance, hell im 17 i take geometry and my moms is 46 and looks at it and goers what in the hell is going on here, same thing when people come onto this forum asking questions about ohm loads and such where they are totally lost and we guide them to the right answer, if one of us messes up one of the elders on here will correct it, sean, glass, jon, fishy, mixneffect, james, hunter, isaac so on so forth, i will become as knowledgable as them one day and bassman from it seems i bet iknow as much/more than you do.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2081
You're only in geometry? Whats up with that! I just finished Algebra 2...:-) lolI think we are in the same grade.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4269
i did algebra 2 awhile ago

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2086
Hmmm, I guess every school does there sceduals different. My school does algebra 1, geometry, then Algebra 2... my school is kind of weerd though. lol

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4270
my school does algevra 1, algebra 2, then i took trig and im just now taking geometry

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2090
lol yup... every school is different I guess

bassman
Unregistered guest
lol!fair enough i respect you youinglings
BTW i'M 20!

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4271
haha see, your not too old yourself, im sure you have a fair grasp on this as well

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2835
Where the heck have you installed 200 systems? lol. Do you understand how many different installs that is?

Silver Member

Post Number: 109
ROFL, you're only three years older that I! I took Algebra in seventh grade! I did trig my Sophmore year. But, I'm advanced in stuff like that. The only thing I suck at is English. I just don't get it, and don't see how knowing how to defragment a sentence is going to help me excell in life...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4097
I feel like a geezer, geez. I'm 37, been in audio for around 8 or 9 years. Applying it a little more next time around, though, I'm going all out with a full custom component setup :-).

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4273
joe, for over the past 2 years ive been installing subs/amps, and done multiple installs lol, iknow how many it is, and im not talking just subs/amps, im talking hu's to and speakers, lots of things, the onyl thing i havent done because i dont know how to do is an amp for speakers, id love for you to tell me how lol, but besides that yes i have done 200 + installs, ive done about every single persons at cch, ryle, nda, boone, campbell county, lyyod, holmes, highlands, gallantin county, grant county, anyone that has a system in those schools was done either byu me or audioworks

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2837
Lol, I believe you sub. I was just wondering if you added an extra 0 on the end of 20...

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2093
English is easy! I don't see how knowing xy^2/3ny+57xyn... is going to help me.:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
Well, I don't see that either. But some math is useful...

Silver Member

Post Number: 119
Subfanatic: I emailed you, you gonna answer back? I'd like a sub box.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2095
Yes, some math is... but 90% of the Algebra crap isn't going to be used... kind of with most subjects in school. You'll use some... but most is just b.s
After this year... I'll be graduating and plan on going to school and hopefully be a lawyer. Why couldn't they teach me things I'll need to know about that instead of " what chimical does No^2+Oh^3."... just an example... I just got through taking Chemistry and didn't understand half of it either!

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2096
Sorry, "chemical"

Silver Member

Post Number: 305
I did a search on No^2+Oh^3 and this is what came up tasty, hay boys forget Car Hi-fi http://muredhawks.collegesports.com/ we all they may not have a brain in there head, but they do know all the boys what to Pork them?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2102
lol what luck
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us