Jonathan

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 664
I was looking through some older posts and in one you mention how using a volt meter you an accuratly set your gain but you didnt go into detail on how. could you explain? Ive read some other places on how to do this but I never fully understood.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 466
yes do tell :-)

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 616
idk if youve read stuff on www.bcae1.com but id say that site can teach you almost anything... i think i actually have read that on the site but i didnt have the equipment to do that so i stopped reading.... if this is the site i read it on... its very easy to follow try it out...

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4080
Power=V^2/R
Meaning if you know either two of the parameters (which you do) you can calculate the other

If you have a 100Wx2 amp and a 4 ohm speaker on each channel, you'll simply hook the voltmeter up to that channel and measure the power output.

100W=(V^2/4)
100W x 4 = (V^2/4) x 4
400=V^2
20=V
Take the square root of both sides (since V is to the second power) and you get 20 Volt output. Wanted to point that out since there isn't a square root key on the keyboard :-) Set your gain to equal 20 volts (or whatever you come up with depending on your amps power output).
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us