No place can work on a Land Rover * I need Help*

Username: Gmanmule

Post Number: 3
I just bought a 1999 Land rover discovery 11 with a harmon/karmon stock system in it. In my old car I had an alpine deck and an 2 channel amp with two kicker comp subs. They all worked great in my old car. I went to go get all my gear installed at best buy. And at first the didn't know if it needed an amp by-pass in it and they called their "people." And they said it didn't need one because it didn't have a factory amp in it. So they put it in. The amp works the subs work it just they sound nothing like they did in the old car. I mean hardly anything is coming out of them. The amp is tuned like it should be and the deck is programmed to. But still their is nothing. The Best Buy people said its my problem now because they did their job. Well later that day I found the factory amp and that makes me wonder. Please any ideas. And one more weird thing is in my old car I needed to turn the sound up to 16 or 17 for it to sound right and the subs hit like they should. But in this car I only need to turn it up to 2 and the speakers are loud. But just a little sound is coming out of the subs but if I turn it way up the subs hit like they should but the speaks are about to blow. If anyone can help thanks you so much.

Silver Member
Username: Loudon

Post Number: 235
well first of all .. thatll teach u to get it installed by best buy ... check the wire ur subs or wired up ... see if they messed with the configurations ... check everything they did to make sure its correct... and next time ... get ur self a better installer

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3354
Take it to a REAL audio shop not best buy! they hire those kids off the streets and throw them in the install bays. They are HACKS dont ever bring your car there!

Username: Lilcharles22

Alabama US

Post Number: 8
yea they charge one of my friends like $40.00 to put in one pair of tweeters. lol

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 407
And one more weird thing is in my old car I needed to turn the sound up to 16 or 17 for it to sound right and the subs hit like they should. But in this car I only need to turn it up to 2 and the speakers are loud. But just a little sound is coming out of the subs but if I turn it way up the subs hit like they should but the speaks are about to blow. If anyone can help thanks you so much.....
thats funny as hell lol sorry

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 408
they might have the amp hooked 2 the speakers instead of the subs

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 660
did you check the settings on your amp - bass boost, gain, low pass filter, etc and make sure they didn't screw with it?

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 93
mess with the settings on ur face unit turn ur mid bass down and turn ur loud button off if they put it in if u do that u can then turn it up to 16 or 17 as you put it and ur speakers wont distort and ur subs will hit again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us