How to beat a Re x x x 15?

Bronze Member
Username: Cooldudejz

Post Number: 11
i got this friend who has this sub and i want to shut him up. any opinions on how to blow his sub out of the water. i know that this is probably one of the bst made subs on the market right now. but something has got to be able to beat it. or two things. speding limit is about 700$ give or take.

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 397
get 2 15 inch RE XXX's

Bronze Member
Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 55
w7 maybe

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 68
What do you mean by "beat"? SPL? If spl then get a driver that is capable of more displacement, also use a ported enclosure and tune it to the resonant frequency of your vehicle. 1 DD 15 should be able to do that, as long as you have a true 2k watts available.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3353
thats exactly what I was thinking E while I was reading his post then I scrolled down and you beat me to it lol!:-)

SUBFANATlC
Unregistered guest
Man Skrew you guys im tired of all this stupid bullshit questions! Im going back to sound domain forums.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 257
get an 18" x.x.x. . I just to have 2 x.x.x" 15"s with Infinity's to each (1200 rms x 1) but I only ran 1 , I had the 2 just for looks. Anyhow I sold one to give the 18" a try and all I can say is I'm very happy with my current set up.The 18" is louder than a 15". How much power is he runnig to that 15 ?

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 258
And NO, a 13W7 will not beat a 15" x.x.x in either sq or spl. W7's are awesome subs,unfortunately though, they just can't take on x.x.x.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 145
Yes they can. My SS RL-p even sounds better than my friends XXX, spl would be a tough call. It all depends on how you're running it.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 259
NO IT CAN NOT!! We've tried it: 13W7 vs 15"x.x.x-5 amps( 1200-1500 rms),4 types of enclosures to each ,home made, plus the SS boxes, wich we disliked so much, and 3 diff vehicles( 2 SUV's and 1 car) with all the apropiate accesories-260 amp alt, yellow top batt, etc ,etc, This is the main reason why we replaced our W7's with x.x.x. ( and i just want to add this because I was reading somewhere on another thread about the W7 not being able to handle 1500 w rms or something, it can easely take the 1500 w rms, no problem)

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 663
remember now that the enclosure changes the ability of how much power a sub can and cannot take. But if youve tried it in both sealed and ported and it stood up in both?/. (question/comment) Then your right.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 69
Still, one digital designs 15 will win against one xxx15, especially if the dd 15 is tuned to take advantage of the resonant frequency of the vehicle, it has been proven over and over in dbdrag. Also the dd15 can handle more "abuse" ie. power than a xxx15 in this particular application(competition).

Bronze Member

Post Number: 70
Hey subfanatic, take it easy, we try to answer "noob" questions as well as "informed" questions, after all we were all "unlearned" at some point in our lives.

Silver Member

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 260
Don't mind him, he's just an unregistered d.u.m.b fu{k with nothing better to do. the real subfan is registered and alot smarter that this one.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3356
well he's registered but I dont know about the smarter part! j/k sub! Yeah the DD 9915 will actually destroy the X>X>X in SPL. that sub is a SPL HOUND DOG! lol I am pretty sure zac davis is a DD retailer and has a few in stock if you are interested.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1760
there a lot of subs that wil belt out higher numbers. do this go to term labs site and look at what oall the competitors use then that will give you a better idea, you will not see that many x.xxs if any at all. but what you will see is a lot of digital designs(as mentioned) atomic apocalypse, shocker sig series, reaudio mt, and then some misc. mtx will be in the mix, just have too look man, better question is how much do you have to spend on amps?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1761
even jbl!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4083
Kinda pointless to argue the SQ of a subwoofer. You can argue until your face is purple and still not get anywhere with it. Everyone hears differently. ID Max is my personal favorite for musicality, X.X.X. is others, others the W7, others the Brahma, and so forth. It's in the application and installation.

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1763
im lost jon, they are talking about spl. but you are right in your offtopic post.lol. i prefer the brahma, but thats just me. :P

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4085
The argument above was the the W7 won't beat the X.X.X. in either SQ or SPL. Kinda subjective. I'm not a huge fan of the W7 either, but I have to be nice to the people that love them to death :-).

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1764
oh gotcha. dont have my spectacles on.:-) well where i live its the w7 over anything and everything, or the rockford t1. all you can do is smile and nod your head. no point in arguing like you said.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3359
I think its the same argument everywhere.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us