170db????

Username: Cooldudejz

Post Number: 10
has anyone heard of this sub ROCKFORD FOSGATE TRF2215 SUBWOOFER. its selling on ebay and the guy selling it says that one of these is the right sub box can hit 170db. here is the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39779%26item%3D5779967837 %26%26

Bronze Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 80
And how much did he smoke before this?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 388
well any woofer can hit 170 dB...it just depends on the enclosre and all sorts of stuff

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 593
not any woofer can hit 170db..... very very few actually

Bronze Member
Username: Kd7nfr

Montpelier, ID United States

Post Number: 82
Yuppers. You're talking some heavy sh!t. LOL. I dunno, never heard those new Fosgates. Never really like Fosgates subs. They're amps are awesome, but the subs never really appealed to me.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1719
no not every sub can hit 170. but this one could be in that range. it uses the 4 hp motor which is one of the most powerful on the market. the re xmx uses the 4 hp motor as its basis, and tc sounds also uses the 4 hp. i think a company called ground zero also uses it. very loud subs very loud. and thats a steal on that subwoofer man.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 439
i agree hunter but i seriously doubt it will hit 170 with only 2000watts. You would need some serious power and a 3 sec burst with it and its only a 15 to. would be hard but that is a team rocford sub isnt it?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 598
yup... i'll give this sub 165 range with 4000w burps... 170 is insane... but hey i dont really know... zacdavis would prolly have the best guess he does serious competions... i dont know if uve seen one of his cars... 2 DD subs with 20000 watts... and no i didnt type an extra zero on accident

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2044
That sub is one of the baddest subs like Hunter said.
It is totally possable to burp that sub and hit in the mid 160's. Just spend some time on the install and "boom!" lol
P.s, you'll need some high quality amps to reach that level as well. I think the Eclipse Pro's use that motor too.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2045
Lol... that sub is worth 5 times that much! I might take a look at the 12.:-)

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 448
i think pros use the 3s

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1743
oh i agree alpine it will need a lot more then 2000wattts and more then one

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 84
I've seen the car thier speaking of in the auction. It DOES NOT do 174 DB on TermLab.
And no way possible for that car to do anywhere near that number with 2000watts.

As far as Donny Keen's comment about any woofer being able to do 170...That is mostly true for nearly any woofer. Now creating 170db of sound pressure level in a large volume(car, truck, suv) with any woofer is not a very accurate statement.
I think he was referring to subs being mic'd in the enlosure/port. ex.Port wars.

Many competitors are doing 170's with mid line woofers. One who competes in the same organization as I does 180+db with one 10" Selenium woofer.

Keep in mind "port" scores are not in any way comparable to an entire vehicle doing those numbers.

I've seen many cars whos spl is around 140-150 but thier port score can be near 160-170.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2056
But, it is possable to reach the mid 160's burping that sub, right?

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 461
i would say yes if in the right enclosure and enough power for a short time.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 658
It has aluminum coils. Didnt we talk about why they were not the best not to long ago.

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 72
No one sub can do 170 db, in dbdrag, except for "maybe" richard clarks custom 36inch? 48inch?(not sure on size) subwoofer, especially not even that one team rf your talking about. Now in port wars, which is entirely different from db drag, yes "maybe" 170 is possible. BTW the record is 177.6 db set by team bs, using 16 treo csx 12 inch subs and approximately 90,000 watts of power.

Silver Member

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 467
1 american bass VFL 18 hit 174.4 in extreme division. it has 8 amps on it though

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 91
E, go back to school

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2065
Lol

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1762
hey bassman mike can you give me a link to that thread please i would like to read it.

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 81
Been out of the comp scene for awhile, you'll have to refresh me, zac.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us