2x alpine type R VS 2x JL 12W6v2

Bronze Member
Username: Shanmag

Post Number: 33
what do u all reckon? im looking for sql and plan to buy an amp to suit the subs!

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 624
Do you have any kind of budget?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 34
nope, not really!

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 626
Well the amp depends really on which of the 2 different subs your going to buy and what impendances there available in.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 627
And are we talkin about 10's 12's 15's or what?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 35
well first off i was guna get the 2 alpine type R's with the alpine 1000.1 sub, but now i hear alot about the JL subs and just wanted to know other people's opinion who have had experience with one or both of the subs

not sure which amp id get for the JL's?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
ok sorry i mean 12"

and to the above post.. i ment the JL 1000.1 amp!! not the alpine 1000.1 sub

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 628
I have some experience with the Type R. Its a great sub my friends bro owns one and for one sub it pounds. I really dont see whats so great about JL when you have to pay double for the same thing.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
well i dont know, i originally wanted the alpine's but i heard heaps of people talking about the JL's!

im from Aus so i can get both subs off of ebay for around the same price, although i could probably find the alpine's in a store somewhere if i looked!

Silver Member
Username: Rzarector

Coquitlam, Bc Canada

Post Number: 332
i like alpine myself and am running 2 12 r's off the alpine 1001 amp and it sounds great... but if u can get the jl for the same price id go for the jl's ..i cant say because i havent herd them enough, but there suppose to be one of the best subs for sq and im sure they can get plenty loud

Username: Mike516882

Lake bluff, Illinois US

Post Number: 5
i love my 12 inch w3S and i will be one to say i have a 500.1 jl amp and i love it. i went up against my friends two type rs and i was louder and it sounded much smoother and clearer. make sure that when u get the jls that u get a sealed box and get the amps to power them. go JL i love them and louder and clearer than type rs i buy all my stuff from tweeter and i promise u they sell the best yeah they sell alpine but the most sold is JL so i would say JLs (not becasue i have them but because of the sound)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us