Me vs. my friends brothers friend lol

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 321
hey, i know its hard to tell, but my friends brothers friend thinks his system is the sh!t! he's got 4 audiobahn SE 12" subs and 1 audiobahn amp runnin them, i looked those up and found em for like $50 each. He wants to challenge my setup( 15" re XXX in a ported box powed by an orion 1200d) he didnt say the enclosure, or the vehicle it was in, but by looking at that, whos do you think would be louder? i know its 4 12's which has a lot more surface area but i dunno. i'm just wonderin if i might be able to bet him some moneyy lol

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2005
Audiobahn's are spl subs... and like you said... 4 12's... more surface area. I'd bet him something... not a crap load of money though... just to be on the safe side!:-)
BTW, you should beat them.
P.s, how are you going to test them?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3224
Richard, you can't beat someone geared towards SPL with SQ. At high volume, distortion/clipping will sound like a loud bass, but it's really a noise.
One thing you can do to beat them is to get a high quality cd with ultra low bass, 30Hz or lower and make them play it. $50 subs will NOT be able to handle them. You will see that lot of people with cheap subs tend to play songs with 60Hz or higher bass.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 2017
Hmmm, now that you say that, I do notice it!

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1669
yeah play a dirty trick and just play loooooow notes. hehe

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 322
haha ok thanks guys, got any ideas for songs?

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1691
33 hertz test tone. late night tip and some bass meckaik stuff

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, Florida USA

Post Number: 813
lil jon-push that ...is LOW
3 6 mafia-late night tip.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 323
ok ill go with late nite tip, some lil jon, and that 33 hz test tone, thanks for the help guys!

Gold Member

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1707
oh and see if you can get a sine sweep. if you you think hes not that smart when you play this hell turn it up because he will think it is not loud and then hell hit the lower notes and blam! audiobahn all over the place

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 324
hahahha yeah, i doubt hes that smart lol. i'll check out realmofexcursion.com i think they had some sweeps and tones

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2575
i dont know guys my buddy has 4 lanzar vibrant 12's by pyramid in a small ported box and he was able to play 20 hz but your right it wasnt loud like 124 db but at peak frequency he hit 140.5 db at 50 hz and those are 70 dollar subs locally ...another guy i know has 4 of those 12 audiobahns your talking about and he hits between 148 and 150 db depending on what show he goes to hes powering them with a us amp putting out like 1100 rms....this is a daily driver box like my other buddies above ...the audiobans are in a volkswagon gti i believe with the back seat out firing toward the roof...they sound ok with music but a tad sloppy

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 620
usually crappy subs go along with crappy boxes and thats what gives the impression that all crappy subs sound like crap. Take a crappy sub make a excellent box for it and it wont be half bad.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us