2 jl w7 13

respond
Unregistered guest
can i runa 2 w7 13 with with a ppi pcx 2400 which is 1600 at 1 ohm ported?

respond
Unregistered guest
any ideas ?

Bronze Member
Username: Basshd

Post Number: 65
Wire each sub in series for a 3 ohm load, then parallel wire both subs for a 1.5 ohm load, then bridge your amplifier into the 1.5 ohm mono load.

respond
Unregistered guest
will it hit?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4229
very nicely, but wil get about 1200 watts rms i think

Username: Spyder

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 3
how about you get 2 of those amps......then run an amp to a sub with a parallel load....i think that would be mean!!

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 394
it would be so mean u should send it 2 the principal or call your local jail lol

respond
Unregistered guest
i think i will can i do it with a HO alt 210? that is 2 1600 ppi?

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 5
A big thing with W7's are don't go above the max power on the JL site.....they can take the abuse but you will hear the sub bottom out and what not. the 13w7 i think maxxes at 1000watts. and the 12's are 750watts. i have heard horror stories of what happends when you push these subs to damn hard at to much power it isn't good.

Bronze Member
Username: Shanmag

Post Number: 49
will the jl 1000.1 amp be too much for these subs then? cos arent they sposed to give out more than 1000W of power?

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 261
i"ve fed 1500 rms to a single 13W7, and no problem. nasty sub man.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4108
The W7 does better at it's excursion limits than most other subs, SGLC motor design helps that out. Granted nothing is really clean at that volume level, but it stays more linear than other motor designs at super high excursions, including XBL^2, underhung, and long gap/long coil (evenhung) configurations. Power handling depends on the box more than anything, while you have a general efficiency to go by, the box will make a huge difference in power required. I generally don't pack a ton of power on a driver when it's in a sealed box, ported can handle a more power.

Username: Rdavis71

Anaheim, CA US

Post Number: 1
DR MAX
What amp did you use? to push the 13w7

Eglin AFB, Florida USA

Post Number: 9
i was wrong the minimum for the 13w7 was 1000watts. the 1000/1 for a 12 is perfect and does really well for the 13. just remember to watch the distortion with the higher power levels. 2 of those subs with that much power will be sick especially in a vented box.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us