What would be louder on a JBL BP600.1(12w6v2, L712, or 12w7)

Anonymous

i wanna know what sub would be louder on my JBL amp....i have a 12L5 on it know and i want louder!!!

i know that JL make good products, but i also like kicker....what would be my best bet???

my L5 is in a sealed box now...
i wanna build a vented box an put one of the following in it:
12w6v2, 12w7, 12L7

how much of an increase in SPL would i get over the L5 in have in a sealed box if make a vented box and put the L5, L7, w6v2, or w7 in it???

would there be a big increase in SPL if i just get the L7 in a vented box????w6???w7???bout how many db???

also...if i get the w7 and about a 1000watt amp for it and put it in a vented box....what kinda SPL would i be looking at there????

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 213
a 12w7 would definately give the best SPL and SQ but if you get that iw ould reccomend a 500/1 because the 12w7 is a 1.5 ohm subwoofer i believe but handle 750w rms and the 500/1 puts out roughly 700w rms if you want that 12w7 and put it in a slot ported box EXACTLY to JL audio's specs

you might be hittin like 120 dB with it maybe more.

someone i know has a 13w7 with a slot ported box and hits around 147 db with two 500/1 bridged on it

www.DiamondAudio.com
Unregistered guest
I'm gunna have to recommend a new amp bud.. I dont mean to insult your equipment but I've had BAAAAAd results with all of the JBL PB line. Those sub selections are all very nice tho. I would recommend going with the JBL PX line. this may hinder your budget down a little tho.. but I recommend the better quality amp and maybe a little lower on the woofer. W7's are expensive and you arent getting it anywhere near its potential with a PB600.1 (so there really isnt a point in going that high level of a woofer with that amp anyway)... Also I would have to bring the Kicker Comp VR's and Diamond CM3's to your attention.. both EXCELLANT subwoofers. Perform awesome in really small sealed enclosures as well as high spl in vented. Hope it helps

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 1563
12W7
that BP600.1 (good amp) or a JL 500/1 (much better amp)

Silver Member
Username: Its_bacon12

Post Number: 218
what are you? a sales rep or something?

JBL BP line amps are excellent amps, a 600.1 would suit a 12w7 very nicely.. the only downfall to BP line is lack of subsonic filter

a 500/1 is the prime amplifier for a 12w7, which really like i said befopre puts anywhere from 600-750w rms and possibly more
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us