Pricing question

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 221
Does anyone here think that 250$ is to little for an orion 250.... most people that i have talked to think so, wanted other opinions. thanks.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3194
Howie, $250 is quite cheap. You try and find another amp with those spec and it'll cost you over $500 at least. The JL 500/1 comes pretty close in quality and features, but not in power. You know how much that amp costs.
I personally don't know why people would sell Orion HCCA amps. They should be collected just like PPI art series amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 222
i see...i found a ppi pcx-2200. it's 800rms bridged at 4ohms. i think this would be a good alternative to my never ending quest for a 250. i was told since it's 4ohms, it won't have the same quality as the 250 running at 1ohm. what do you think?

thanks again.

Silver Member

Post Number: 223
bump

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1445
Hey Howie, i used to own the PPI PCX 2200 for 2 years and i sold it 2 months ago on ebay for like $375 or so. That is a very nice amplifier. I ran 2 JL 12w6v2's off of it. It has a built in fan even. I am selling the Orion HCCA 225g4 amplifier on Ebay right now. There is under 2 days left on it. However the Orion HCCA amps like isaac said is a masterpiece and one of a kind. I know its a classic amp but i have no use for it so its up for grabs. Ask Isaac for anything you wanna know about Orion hCCA.

Silver Member

Post Number: 224
The pcx 2200 was my backup plan. i would love to get the hcca, the 225 isn't enough power for what i need, it's only 400rms. i need the 250 since it's 800rms. but maybe ill go with the 2200 until more funds become available. but we'll see, thanks guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us