Sean, my truck dimensions

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 298
hey, i just got my truck back today, and i measured everything, i would like to use only 36" long (to keep one seat... but i dont see that happening lol), but i can go to about 53" long.. 22" high ish, and 20" from the back of my seat to the back of my truck.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2489
ok thanks man ill run those numbers

Gold Member

Post Number: 2490
11.3028790509 cf using .75 mdf with those being external demensions

Gold Member

Post Number: 2491
i can try and slim down the box size to accomodate that amount of space but where would that put us....above the windows?

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 299
well, 22" is prob at the window, maybe .5" above

Gold Member

Post Number: 2492
you want it below the window in case this box works as well as i hope and you can compete in the spl novice class?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2493
oh wait not having your seats usable would bump you up anyway nm

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 301
wait what? lol if i can't use the back row of seats, i wouldn't be able to compete?

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 302
wait what? lol if i can't use the back row of seats, i wouldn't be able to compete?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2494
richard im finding this stuff takes me alot of time to figure out and i have some things i have to get done so one thing i wanna mention is this may take me some time to get to....do you have time to wait?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2495
no you could compete they would just put you in a higher class than novice

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 303
ummm, do u think you get get the design finished by sunday? Just cuz i planned on making most of it in my metals class lol, and finals start the week after.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2496
you could wait on me to build my triple chamber abc box for my tangbands to be more sure how this will turn out too...i pretty much have my design all laid out now

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 304
ohhh well i dunno if that would matter, i havent heard of any comps in NH lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2497
id rather not rush for me and for you because your going to spend alot of money on these materials and i dont wanna mess up from trying to rush plus get stressed out

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 305
ok, ill wait. But i do have to make a project in my metals class lol, so what do you think about a box with interchangeable ports, would it be worth building, or should i just try out a sealed box to see how my sub would sound in it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2498
do the interchangeable metals working with wood????

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 307
nonono lol, the name of that class im in is metals, but i can make anything i want in the class, using metals or wood or anything lol

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 308
i have to build something, so i was just wondering about a box with interchangeable ports, or just making a sealed box

Gold Member

Post Number: 2500
do the interchange able ports heck if you wanna go further do the adjustable airspace ported /sealed box i shared on here with removeable faceplates for the different subwoofer sizes

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 309
ok! could you design me sumthin? i dont really care about the removable faceplates i only have 1 sub lol, but that adjustable airspace sounds cool.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 311
ok! could you design me sumthin? i dont really care about the removable faceplates i only have 1 sub lol, but that adjustable airspace sounds cool.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2507
again that one takes alot of work to figure but put the work in youll have a great testing tool...research it

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 312
ok do u know of any sites that could help me on that one?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2508
What you will have to do is ask yourself how large do i want this adjustable box to be. (hence carrying it) Also what are my trucks entrence demensions so that i can easily place this in my truck for testing with my subwoofer. Then take those demesions l x w x h and figure in the internal airspace within the adjustable box. You will need to also figure out a sliding mechanism to be able to pull the rear of the chamber in or out to adjust to the cubic feet desired internally. These amounts will need to be figured mathmatically and then labeled on the outside part of the sliding chamber so that you know what cubic feet you are at. Then make an adjustable port slot square anywhere from 2 inch to 4 inch pvc or figure in adjustable slot ports to place inside. Then when you want to go sealed make a plate that locks over the square port plate opening and youve got a sealed box. You could also design this for a bandpass addon too but well keep it simple. Go to any box volume calculator site if you want to know where your starting at cubic feet wise.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 313
oh man lol, thanks for all that info but i think ill wait off and just try out a normal sealed box and carpet that for now, and then after u do that triple chamber box ill see whats up. Do u happen to know how many cu ft. I should aim for (w/o sub displacemenet) for the sealed box with my sub?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2511
i dont recal but id ask of the forum plenty of people have them on here and can tell you first hand whats good

Gold Member

Post Number: 2512
my draft is done for the triple chamber abc box tangbands take a look
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us