URGENT HELP WITH DOOR SPEAKERS!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 374
Ok, I need some assistance. There is this girl I like, and she has asked my opinion on some door speakers for her car. I suggested some JBL GTO series speakers, but is there anything better that I can get as well for 70-80 dollars a pair on Ebay? Yea, this is kinda desparate, as I'm hoping my audio knowledge will get her to like me. BTW I'm obssesed with this girl! So any help would be appreciated, she has a '94 Honda Accord EX with two rear 6x9's and two front 6.5". Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4033
Coaxials or components? Who's doing the install? Maybe you encourage her to go out with you to audition speakers, sound is subjective, ya know ;).

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3184
TB, that's funny. It sounds like a blind date tv show.
For $80 range, you can get Infinity 6000 component speakers. They sound better than coaxial.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4034
Is it that the girl doesn't know you that well, is just kinda neutral about you, or what? Just curious, you'd be surprised how far "Hey, I like you" will take you, most women at least respect that. I wish I could go back to my younger years with the mindset I have now, your entire outlook on it changes. Oh well :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 375
Ok, she wants coaxials so her brother can do the install for her. She won't be able to get subs for a while so she wants something with clear crisp highs AND good hefty bass.

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
Haha she knows I like her. I've told her.

Silver Member

Post Number: 377
Well the problem with "auditioning" speakers is there are TWO PLACES AROUND HERE! The L&M Electronics store (sells Kicker, Clarion, and Memphis) and Circuit City.

Silver Member

Post Number: 378
She's not really worried much about SQ, primarily loudness, recommend the VOLFENHAGS? Lol.

Silver Member

Post Number: 381
Upload

Gold Member

Post Number: 3191
Why don't you volunteer and install the speakers yourself? That way you can spend more time with her.
Infinity coaxials are loud and clear.

Silver Member

Post Number: 383
Ok, I don't know HOW to install the speakers, you're talking to a guy...who had his installed for like 50 bucks lol. Oh yea, she wants good loud bass, as well as the loudness of the treble. Haha, if you can tell me how to install them, though I can see what I can do. The 6.5" are in the door, and the 6x9's are in the back area under the back window I believe.

Silver Member

Post Number: 384
Just thought I'd include a pic of me, I'm the one in the middle with the "bling" cross for a chain lol.Upload

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4035
Infinity coaxs are nice for the money spent, like Isaac said. If you're running off a head unit, go with the Reference. With an amp, do the Kappas (the Kappas are superior, just more power hungry).

Silver Member

Post Number: 385
I wouldn't be going to all this trouble, if I really didn't like her. In fact, this is gonna sound so weird lol, but the other day in English class, we were watching a movie, and she's kinda shy, and she had these cookies or something, so she sat there VERY VERY gently, and openened them ever so quietly...and for some reason, it had to have been the single most adorable thing I've ever seen. I just about died. That's why I want to make sure I get her hooked up with some good stuff. She however, doesn't want me to pick out her subs/amp combo, because her cousin knows "everything" about cars, so he will be able to pick her out something good. Any advice on subs/amp? I'm guessing no more than 100 per sub, and 150 for amp, I figure I'll suggest the A8000T. But I'm not sure on subs. Also, this is for me. There are some Cerwin Vega 6.5" components out there. The tweeter is built into the grill, so I don't have to fight with it, are they any good?

Anonymous

She's too hot for you, buddy. sorry...

Silver Member

Post Number: 386
That was a picture of me...from LAST YEAR! Lol. It's like the most recent pic I have. So go suck on something long, hard, and hairy. And if you have something like that to say, why not use a REAL name you cowardly piece of crap. BTW, what do you bench? What can you bar curl? I guarantee I could break you in half.

thumpinWRANGLER
Unregistered guest
easy E-Thug.... i dont want u poppin that vein on ur GINORMOUS forhead. stop pickin fights over the INTERNET and as the great steve stiffler says, grow a sack, fill it with balls, magically sprout a dick, and go over there and talk to her!

Silver Member

Post Number: 387
Eh, OK? I talk to her all the time, lol. I'm just trying to help her out with some car audio stuff. And you come on here and start running your mouth, that's not necessary. I don't believe I am the one who started this confrontation with you spouting off your opinion. "E-Thug"? I just think that maybe you shouldn't run your mouth to people who could probably consume your soul. Nice use of the work "ginormous," however, ever tried "jugundous"? It's pretty catchy!

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 169
im just wondering TB how much can you bench and curl.

Silver Member

Post Number: 388
Me? Lol. I can bench about 200, and curl about 140. I'm not saying I'm Hercules, but some people need to watch their puny @$$ mouths.

Silver Member

Post Number: 389
I can lift just about anything with my legs lol.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4036
I got it :-). Look for some Oz Audio Vector^3 coaxials, well priced and killer performance for the money.

I like shy girls too, especially shy girls that are a little quirky. I've dated quite a few too many girls that are obnoxiously outspoken and attention grabbers, you know, the types that will rip a big juicy f@rt and think they're cute. It's just annoying.

Silver Member

Post Number: 390
Yea, I know what you mean.

Silver Member

Post Number: 391
Um, Jonathan, could you show me something a little easier to access. Great highs and lows. Those Vectors look nice, but I can't find them ANYWHERE other than their site. I need loud highs and lows as well. Also, it needs to be able to be found on Froogle and Ebay. All I can find are Vector 2's, and they aren't good at all.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4037
What do you mean by not good at all, price wise or performance wise? I like Oz's stuff personally, and haven't heard any complaints that's why I'm curious what you meant. The Vector 2s are nice, too, and they're more accessible and cheaper.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4038
The Oz components are smoother, if that's what you meant by not good, really if she's running Head unit power, you're likely best with something along the lines of Infinity Reference coaxs or those Vectors. Anything upper end will have more intricate crossovers and will be less efficient. You can try to find some JL Audio VR or XR coaxials, they're good for the price if you can find them close to what she wants to spend.

Silver Member

Post Number: 392
Ok then.

Silver Member

Post Number: 393
Hey, what about these?
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Infinity-6-1-2-Loudspeaker-6012I-/sem/rpsm/oid/11 9733/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do
They also make a 6x9 version. Are those any good?

Username: Stopitstopit

Post Number: 10
You guys crack me up

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
So how old are you anyways tb, lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 394

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
I think you should go with the infinitys, they are very clear sounding, my friend has a prelude with all infinitys in it. They are not my freference though. This is what I have for a system Eclipse 5445 model for a head unit. 2 2 1/4'' bose in the dash, 2 6.5 eclipse in the doors 2 6x9 in the side panels or what ever, 2 12'' Boston Acoustic G2's for subs, with one ample audio 1100 rms 2200 max power, Anybody think that is a good setup?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2775
Scrap the bose and the 6 x 9's.

No offense TB, but honestly, your comments about snapping that guy in half are pretty funny. I'm not saying I'm super strong or anything, but I can bench 200 and curl 110 - 120, and judging by your picture I weigh about half as much as you.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
Why scrap the bose?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
well?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
Thats what i thought

Silver Member

Post Number: 395
Are you calling me fat Jonathan? Were you quoting me? Or can YOU bench/curl those amounts? I don't want to have to break TOO many people tonight! :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 16
oh ok

Silver Member

Post Number: 396
Jonathan, how long have you been lifting?

Silver Member

Post Number: 397
Rump...I mean BUMP!

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4039
"Are you calling me fat Jonathan? Were you quoting me? Or can YOU bench/curl those amounts? I don't want to have to break TOO many people tonight!"

I'm not the one that made that post, you got the names screwed up :-). I used to lift way back when and got up to 250 at one point in time, but that was a LONG time ago when I was working maintenance and doing more physical jobs.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4041
"Why scrap the bose?"

They are overrated. This page says it all
http://www.intellexual.net/bose.html
They use cheap drivers, poor, outdated engineering and have no credibility to true audiophiles or even magazines that frequently test equipment. They're simply overmarketed and hyped up by questionable magazines like Consumer Reports that wouldn't know a good set of speakers from a good toaster.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2803
"Why scrap the bose?

well?

Thats what i thought"

You sir, are an idiot.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2804
"Are you calling me fat Jonathan? Were you quoting me? Or can YOU bench/curl those amounts? I don't want to have to break TOO many people tonight! "

I didn't say you were fat, I just said you probably weigh about twice as much as me.

Yes, I can curl and bench what I said.

You don't wanna have to break too many people tonight??? Wtf, this is an online forum??

Silver Member

Post Number: 401
Lol. I've only been lifting for about 8 mos. I guess that's not bad considering I started out curling 30 lbs. and benching like 60 lbs.

Silver Member

Post Number: 402
Overall, guys, not a half bad idea about the "audition" date! I'll have to give that a try.

Silver Member

Post Number: 403
The whole installing of her speakers, well, I don't know how...

Username: Bar1ber

Worcester, Ma

Post Number: 4
wow

Silver Member

Post Number: 430
lol

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 193
No way, I can get love advice in this forum too? This place is great! I don't have to join any other forums ever! I can get my advice for everything in life here!

LOL this is one of the funniest threads i have ever seen! :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 433
Are you making fun of me?

Anonymous

TB, I don't think anyone's making fun of you. You've done more than enough by the stuff you've said. I'm the one that originally said "she's too hot for you", and I stick by my original statement. Get outta high school, get off the computer, and get a life. Then maybe you won't have to resort to a car audio forum for love advice. Although, I must admit it's been pretty entertaining reading the stuff you've written.

p.s. I don't know how much that girl would like you posting pictures of her all over the internet. Stalker, much?

Silver Member

Post Number: 437
Why don't you quit hiding under "Anonymous?" What a whimp, can't even show your face. I wasn't asking for LOVE advice, somehow that was given. I only asked for some decent speakers for her car. I believe it was Isaac's idea for me to install them, and someone else's that I go with her to pick them out, I didn't ask for all that, but once it was brought up, there was no reason not to talk. I don't stalk her, and it's very unlikely that she will ever find out her picture got posted on a CAR AUDIO FORUM! SO I think it be best that you shut your mouth and go back to you non-important life with the gorillas in the wilderness with that hippo you dress in lace, due to lack of being able to use correct term, every night, and you call her Jane.

TBsux
Unregistered guest
There ya go, I'm not "hiding under Anonymous" anymore. Does this mean I'm showing my face??

Shouldn't you be in school???

Gold Member

Post Number: 3218
Let's be nice. I've seen some really pretty girls with ugly guys, but not much the other way around.
Besides, what might look good to one person, might not be for another. So let's not judge and get along.
There is nothing wrong with trying.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4056
Now he's going to think you're incinuating that he's ugly, good goin Isaac :-). lol j/k

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 49
I was wondering why this thread had so many responses, never checked it out. Now I see we all gotta throw our bench numbers into play. Bench is overrated, how much can ya deadlift,lol?

Username: Fsufreak

Louisville, Ky Usa

Post Number: 1
i have 4 infinity 1230w's to put in a 1973 cadillac but i can't decide on a good, but reasonable amp.they are 4 ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 442
Ok, George King, YOU'RE FIRED! You completely changed the subject! In 9th grade I dead lifted like...i dunno 400 lbs. Haven't done it sense though.

Silver Member

Post Number: 443
I'm not THAT ugly, good god!

Silver Member

Post Number: 445
Also, "TBsux" <---I refuse to believe that! But anyways, you still haven't shown your TRUE face, that's an unreg. guest name. Use your registered guest name.

TBsux
Unregistered guest
why.....so I can respond to my own post like 5 times in a row???

Silver Member

Post Number: 448
No, so I know who you really are, or are you afraid of people on an ONLINE forum knowing? This all considering the main fact you will never know most people on here in real life, so there's nothing to be afraid of, come on little boy, come out of the closet...no pun intended.

TBsux
Unregistered guest
Good job, your ignorance killed the post. Too bad, it was pretty amusing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 475
Yea...you're the three ring circus, the one man band, the whole Kit 'N Kaboodle of hilarity...

TBsux
Unregistered guest
so did you get the girl?

Silver Member

Post Number: 484
Nah, I'm not sure I like her that much, recently I've realized how snotty she is, as she always has to be "better."

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4087
"as she always has to be "better.""

Thats a relatively common problem that plagues most heterosexual males. It's a side effect of choosing women over things like barnyard animals :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 486
It's ok, I met a girl at the ACT test today (strange place to pick up chicks eh?), she's great, prettier than Olivia, down to earth, very VERY friendly, loved my car stereo hehehe, nice dad that liked me as well, overall greatness. I actually think she liked me, which is just fine by me :-).

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4093
When I was younger, I met a girl where I was working (strange because it was an industry that you just didn't see women at). She was soooo pretty, to the point where you almost wanted to cry looking at her. Really nice, the more I talked to her, the more I found out she was a country girl that enjoyed fishing and hunting more than anything (Yesssss!), and sweet as she can be. Then, I eventually found out that she was my bosses daughter, in which he is LOADED, to the point where she was extremely spoiled. Daddy bought her a F-150 lariat and a brand new bass boat for her 16th birthday. THAT spoiled. And of course the best of everything else, it just killed it for me.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3377
I was waiting for you to say you married her Jon! lol!

Gold Member

Post Number: 3269
James if he did, he'd be crying everyday. :-)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3381
hahahahaha! I would love to have a hunting,fishing ball and chain! lol

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 4095
"James if he did, he'd be crying everyday."

From an empty wallet :-). That's something I don't want to have to deal with is a wife that spends more than you make. I was lucky enough to have a friend that had dated her and gave me a heads up.

Before she passed on, my wife and I went hunting and fishing nearly every weekend, and she loved cars and liked helping me work on them. She could catch em, clean em, cook em, cook up some vegetables with fatback (only way to eat them) and cornbread. Country girl, that's the way I like em, it's nice to enjoy the simple things in life.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 3387
amen brother!

Username: Rh11182

Post Number: 5
gl with the lady thing Tb, i got some kenwood 6.5 and 6x9 from best buy in my honda prelude they are pretty good for a cheap price but if ya want them to be loud and bassy i dont think a head unit will push them that hard she might want to consider gettin a small amp to push them

thumpinWRANGLER
Unregistered guest
TB you are pathetic. honestly, no one asked to see a picture of your fatass on this forum. and no one asked how much you could benchpress and frankly i dont think anyone cares. you are 17? that girl looks like shes 12 and i think by postin her picture online that has violated some law.... i dunno maybe im wrong but i know she wouldnt appreciate it. if your ever in ATL, id love to see you "snap some kid in half" so stop by. gimme a call even 7702410330. have a great day

Bronze Member
Username: Blitzedeclipse

Post Number: 31
lol, i weight 160 and can curl 160, and bench 170

Gold Member

Post Number: 3318
Okay something doesn't look right. You weigh 160lbs and can curl 160lbs but can only bench 170lbs? You either have over developed biceps or very weird body. Normally, if you can curl 160lbs, then you SHOULD be able to bench 225lbs or more.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 32
nope, just started actually weightlifting around two months ago, but ive been doing curls for a little over 4 years now. but yeah only 170 on the bench, mainly because i hardly ever bench.

Silver Member

Post Number: 504
Ok lol, Olivia (the girl in the pic) is 17, that was a pic from last year's yearbook, where she was 16. I can't help it if she looks young. Besides, who wants some old hag??? Anyways, I don't care what you have to say WRANGLERhumper, and I really don't intend on calling you, you're not worth the long distance charges. Where the heck is ATL? Atlanta? Who knows, only an idiot could understand that language. Oh, there isn't a law against posting someone's picture online, unless they are specified to specifically not be published by their parents, which she's not, so shut up about that.

Bronze Member
Username: Dominirica012

Charlotte, North Carolina US

Post Number: 36
man this is a funny thread..but why all this fighting ..he just wanted some advice on some speakers wtf..anyways getting a bit off the subject that girl that u like or used to like reminds me alot of this one girl i did back in miami a few months ago lol

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 252
You didn't know ATL was Atlanta????!!! Wow.... I thought everyone knew that.

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 67
160lb curls from 160lb guy. I would like to see that. My friend use to be able to curl his weight when he was about 135. but that was like for one. If your reppin out that much, your proportion must be horrible.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
lol, like i said, i never had a bench, only a set. plus i'm not that successful with any other parts of my body, legs, calves, triceps, w/e, i can barely squat 250.but it doesnt matter, what matters is the dudes door speakers, like the topic says, i have not a single thing to say about any door speakers because i really have no knowledge whatsoever about them. and b

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
b? AND B????????????????????????? Is that a sentence lol? "man this is a funny thread..but why all this fighting ..he just wanted some advice on some speakers wtf..anyways getting a bit off the subject that girl that u like or used to like reminds me alot of this one girl i did back in miami a few months ago lol" Thanks for bringing it to my attention you "did" a girl that looks like the girl I like. That just makes me feel so successful lol. Not that I had any intentions on doing that anyways, but still, SHEESH haha.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
Yea right u didnt have any intentions of doing her...but yea she looks like some1 i did...but if this girl like the one i know she a little loose so just dont expect much...just j/k lol

Username: Riebread77

Post Number: 2
I would suggest the new infinity coaxials (2005)...the 6.5" 3-way and the 693.7i...solid bass and clear highs...they are more sensitive than any coaxial I've seen before so they will take every last watt and be loud and clear.

Silver Member

Post Number: 506
Mario, this girl, is rediculously straight edge, you'll never hear her say the word pen!s. Heck, not even vag!na. But I still like her, and I don't think she's "putting out" for ANY GUY. No problem for me, I'd rather wait for marriage. Not saying I'm going to marry her, hell, I'm only 17.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 42
ight i was just trying checking..anyways have you even decided on some speakers yet?

hey bud lets party
Unregistered guest
i dunno about yall, but i prefer c()ck push ups over curls.

Anonymous

what a fcking loser. TB i see you still havent grown that d!ck yet. seriously man loose some weight fatty then you might get a couple girls

Silver Member

Post Number: 510
Oh boy, here we go. I don't know if it's possible to "loose" weight however.

Bronze Member
Username: Bananakrill

Benicia, California

Post Number: 64
I bench 250. I weigh 12 pounds.

Bronze Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 65
Please quit writing "lol"... lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 511
You weigh 12 lbs? Ever been caught in a wind storm lol?

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 258
Honest to god I am sick of this thread. Just end it already.

Bronze Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 66
Don't sneeze around me. lol lol lol lol
I may fly awayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lol lol lol lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 3340
Don't forget, that's 12lbs of pure muscle. Nothing to sneeze at.

Silver Member

Post Number: 512
Haha, if I could delete it...I prolly wouldn't just because I love to re-read HumpingWranglerHumpers's posts!

Bronze Member

Benicia, California

Post Number: 67
I'd break him in two too.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us