LOL! Too much power!

Silver Member
Username: Alias747

MN

Post Number: 174
Got my Xtant A6001T today!! YAAAY!! I don't have my new subs ready yet, so I hooked up my OLD Rockford 12's. They are really old and I know nothing about them. They are in a full range box(lol, clue to the oldness of them!) and I think they are 4 ohm for each side. So I hooked one up to each speaker connection. Would that be like hooking them up in series, so I would have one 2ohm load, right? Attempted to adjust the gains and bass boost and I think I got it in the right spots. Anyway, I got it to where it sounded pretty good and I turned the bass up. LOL, one of them was making a squeaking/scratching sound as it was moving! Does that mean I am melting the voice coil? I didn't care because I think they were already partially blown. I just hope I don't set my sub on fire! LOL.

I was wondering how I am supposed to adjust my gain to my pre out voltage? The gain on this amp has no markers on the side. It is just a nob that is labeled "gain". How am I supposed to get it right?

http://www.xtant.com/html/techSupport/pdfs/A3001_6001Man.pdf

I was also wondering what the "Balanced Input" means. Go to the PDF above and get to the connection diagrams. It is either on or off. I have mine set to "off" right now. My pre outs on my HU are 2v.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 175
bump

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 379
Your mom BUMPS!

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 176
thanks for the help......

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2771
Isaac, your gonna have to listen to the gain. Remember, if it's set low, it's not bad for anything. If you set it too high, you caouse distortion, which leads to clipping. What's the preout voltage on your headunit? Your gonna have to turn the headunit on, turn the volume up a little ways, then go bak and play with the gain. Turn it all the way up or down, and then slowly back untill you think there is no distortion.

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 178
The preout voltage on my HU is 2 volts. Not the best I know. Yeah, I gonna have to mess with it a little bit. Thanks Joe.

I was wondering about the speaker connections. Right now I just have my 2 crappy Rockford hooked up. I want to hook my 3 10's up to it soon. If I connect 1 sub to one terminal and 2 subs to the other, would that be like wiring them paralell? Or do I have to connect all three to just one terminal?

Thanks in advance!

Silver Member

MN

Post Number: 179
real easy quick question above^
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us