Anbody else hate their local audio shop?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2755
Now I don't know what shops are like that you guys go to, but the ones closest to me suck. All there pretty much is within about 50 miles of me is a chain audio shop, there's about 6 of them throughout The thumb area of Michigan. These places are so lame. About all they carry is MTX and JL. Pretty g@y. Oh yeah, and of course Pioneer and Kenwood headunits, Kenwood amps, and some MA audio crap. They carry Eclipse, but all they have are the SW6100 models, and no headunits. I'm so sick of having no where to go, and if you do find a place, they don't carry anything worth checking out.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3164
Looks like you might have to go out of state for more choices.
The main reason why shops carry MTX and JL is the profit margin. This is the same reason BackwardShop and CrappyBuy carry RF amps.

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 62
true, i live in the damn desert, the local audio shops actually compete with ciruit city and best buy, right now i think buys' best stuff is the alpine type-e and circuits best stuff, is kicker, which was a new one to me. but the local shops around here usually carry stuff like alpine, performance-teknique, interfire, audiobahn,RF, kenwood, rockwood, JA audio(the guys told me it was as good as a jl and ma audio), planet audio, pyle, lanzar, jl, niche audio, MA, visonik...no one up here has ever heard of RE or adire, or resonant, or digital designs, but they are pros though...

oh yeah i forgot to mention, the local indoor smapmeet actually carries those piece of crap CUSPID amps! can you believe that?! they sell em for like 180 bucks, and people buy them mad crazy out here. i asked the guy where he gets them (so i can get some, hey a little extra money wouldnt hurt) and he said somewhere in L.A. he said he pays 20 bucks per piece and sells them at 180 isnt that a b1tch!!

so to yeah i hate all my local audio shops here. ima get me some DD's thatll show em!

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4060
INFINITY LVOA< you have INTERFIRE???????? OMG GET PRICESE FOR ME!!!!

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2757
I still can't figure out why you love Interfire so much Sub?

Yeah Isaac, I would like to actually find a shop that carries stuff worth looking at, and who knows how far I'd have to go. Our local places don't even carry Alpine. Fricken Best Buy has Alpine.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3177
Subfanatic, INterfire isn't the best amp for your money. It's a good amp but that's about it. It will not beat Orion/Zapco/Xtant/PPI PC/Art series in performance.
I would say, it's an aternative to JBL/MTX level.

Bronze Member
Username: Stylnul

Vicky ville, CA US

Post Number: 63
subfanatic yeah they have all their interfire stuff, but its not worth buyin though, at least from them that, their shop is called mad audio concepts. its a new store here where i live but because theyre new they dont have alot of inventory so everything is way expensive.

i think their ib-4700 is like $340 bucks!!!
i love that amp i once got it for free and installed it in my g/fs car.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4065
yea i love interfire, there is just somen about them, isaac i know its not the best, but i love them, they are just, idk, awesome in my opinion, its by far my favorite amp that i have ever owned, and the 3rd favorite ive ever installed, next to xtant and jl. but i really just love there class ab amps, and i wanna get my hands on that big a$$ amp

Silver Member
Username: Jeremyc

Germany

Post Number: 698
Yeah its hard to come buy a good shop. I move around alot being in the military, so I am lucky I have some good friends at my favorite shop back home. I still order every peice of my equipment thru them, and probably always will. Heck I was in South Carolina a few years ago, and the closest decent car audio shop was an hour away. Everything closer was strait getto ( rockwood, cuspid, and so one. Heck the decent store didn't even cary eclipse, focal, dynaudio, or JL. The only reason I say they were decent is because they caried Boston Acoustic, and the sales men actually knew what they were talking about.

Silver Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 116
The only independant one around here shut down (maybe because of the 4000% markup on everything), but at least they knew what they were talking about. 0 gauge wire for $19.00/feet is just bs.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2763
Where have you seen 0 gauge for $19 a foot?

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 624
Joe have you been to Car Stereo One in Toledo?

Silver Member
Username: 54danny54

Post Number: 298
lol i have no local shop 2 hate :D

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 255
those ba$tards charge a lot for custom enclosures. they wanted 450 for my current enclosure that i ended up building myself.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us