Alpine type r's

Username: Shanmag

Post Number: 4
i know there r a few threads already about these subs but im just wondering what they'd go like

dont have an amp yet, ill buy one once i figure it out to suit the subs

i listen to metal and want sq but also spl, more sq tho

Username: Dudesjar

North Dakota

Post Number: 1
I know what you mean. well first of all, i have an Alpine mrp-350 amp pushing these subs. it pushes 350rms at 14.4v, which is perfect for this sub. becuase your subs gonna see like 300-325 of that 350 watts, becuase of wire resistance. But then i have my sub sitting in a crappy 1/2" sawdust board box (not even MDF!) the box is 1.75 cubic foot with the displacement of the sub and port. I talked to my buddy at pacific sound in my area and he called alpine and go the optimum specs for this sub, it works best in a .88ft3 sealed box, or a 1.75ft3 slot ported box. the port dimensions are 15x29x1.5, i couldnt fit that port between my seats, so i made it 14.5"L x 23"D x 2"H. your looking at about 522cubic inches. i know that may sound huge, and it is lol, but going from a sealed truck box to a ported box was amazing. the sub faces forward and it rattles the crap out of my single cab truck. i know i dont have enough air space in the cab, but thats not a problem b/c i keep the windows rolled down. i have gotten many compliments on my system, people havent ever heard a single sub system sound so great! i was much amazed to see the SQ and SPL increase by 3,4 or even 5 times! amazing and for an amp thats only rated at 200 watts at 12V!!!
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us