Good amp

Unregistered guest
I need an amp with at least 200 x 2 rms @ 4 ohms. I would like it to be UNDER $110. I have checked out pyle, lanzar, and boss. I have found all of these in my price range. I need it to be 2 channel and at between 200 and 300 x 2 rms @ 4 ohms. Which one of the following is the BEST buy? Also, do you have any other recommendations?

lanzar: http://www.lanzar.com/itempage.asp?MODEL=VIBE248

pyle: http://www.pyleaudio.com/itemdetail.asp?brand=pyle&cat1=Car%20Audio&cat2=Amplifi ers&model=PLA2380

boss:http://www.ikesound.com/product-product_id/2196

Bronze Member
Username: Darkseid

Post Number: 33
none of those amps are really made too well, nor do any of them put out the power they advertise. Your not really gonna find an amp that puts out that much power at 4 ohms for under $110.

andyl29
Unregistered guest
well thanks for responding. Well what amp do you recommend for my system-on a very tight budget (can be more than $110)

Because the pyle 2380 seems like the best choice to me out of those. it SAYS it puts out RMS Power at 4 Ohms 350 W x 2

Username: Thrushdtd

New York

Post Number: 6
check out hifonics amps i have heard some good things about them and thier real cheep but i have not had personal experiance with them

Unregistered guest
Thanks for the advice. I am considering buying a couple of things to improve my system.

1) I checked out the Lanzar VIBE248. Which is 1200 watt max and 300 x 2 rms @ 4 ohms. Is Lanzar a good quality brand? $110

2) The power acoustik 1.2 farad capacitor (because my headlights already dim). $50

3) Power acoustik 8 guage amplifier wiring kit. $15, or should i get the 4 guage kit?

also, if you have ANY advice, please let me know.

Silver Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 166
http://www.woofersetc.com/product.asp?0=362&1=363&3=2157 this is the closet your going to get for that price, this amp is a lot better than all of the amps you suggested

Bronze Member

Post Number: 36
lanzar is not a good brand, you'll be lucky to see half that amount of power from that vibe amp. Go with the 4 gauge kit, leaves you room for upgrading in case you decide to do so later on. A capacitor is not a solution for dimming lights.

Unregistered guest
thanks for all of the advice guys.

Which brand of amps do you think is the best out of the following : pyle, boss, lanzar, profile, legacy, power acoustik?

also, would it be worth getting the lanzar vibe258 (400 x 2 @ 4 ohms) I know that it is over-rated, but I only need about 250 x 2 @ 4 ohms...

also, any idea on where i could find a good deal on an alternator?

andyl29
Unregistered guest
bump

C.Jackson
Unregistered guest
I've used some Power Acoustik amps before, pretty good amps for the price although I've only used the TS19202 (I had overheating problems and I had 4 fans mounted on it) and the TS9802. I've also used the Profile AP2000, very good amp IMO. Overall I'd say they are good amps, although an MTX or Hifonic amp is better all day!

Unregistered guest
thanks for the feedback. I think that I am going to purchase Lanzar VIBE258 1600 Watt 2 Channel for like $135 bucks. It SAYS that it puts out 2 x 400 Watts RMS at 4 Ohms. However, I know that they are extremely over-rated. My subs are 600 watts rms at 4 ohms, and are currently powered by a crappy amp.

The crappy amp's specs

2 x 85 watts RMS @ 4 ohms
1 x 230 watts RMS power, bridged

So another 500 watts rms would be nice. The lanzar vibe 258 SHOULD be able to put out at least 2 x 250 watts rms @ 4 ohms, even when it's rated at 2 x 400 watts rms @ 4 ohms.

Think that this lanzar amp would work? Also, do you think that a 1.5 farad capacitor and an 8 gauge wiring kit would be good?
thnx in advance

Unregistered guest
bump

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
go with a 4 gauge wiring kit, and yes that amp will work but there are much better alternatives given by the other guys.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us