Questions on my box

Bronze Member
Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 19
well I have an MTX 7500 and matching MTX amp and would like to know whether it would sound better ported or sealed? I like my music loud and with alot of kick to it... Thank you for your opinions

Bronze Member

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 20
Also if i do port it I have got a 3" tube that i can use for my port. Also i I port it, it will have to face up behind my seat in my truck (LOL 1980 chev silverado) wondering if this will be better or worse then shotting it to the side or in the front

Username: Dudesjar

North Dakota

Post Number: 2
mtx subs are great subs in sealed boxes, my cuzzin had 2 thunder 4000's in a decent sized ported box (3" ports about 12" long) but he had it in his bronco 2. sounded nice, specially for only running a jensen amp lol. but yea you want your ports to be UNOBSTRUCTED, otherwise your just getting a sealed box thats way the heck to big :-(. but anyway i'd say 1.25-1.75ft3 ported with 1 3" port per sub, you can always play around wiht your port lengths by pulling it out of the hole and listening for where you like it the best, this is called tuning the port. but anyway ported is definately the way to go for mtx subs!

Bronze Member

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 21
Yea i kinda figuered i should port it to get it nice and loud. Im jus hopeing it will still rattle the cab of my truck like it does now
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us