LOUD ?!?!?!?

Bronze Member
Username: Poof

Post Number: 36
hey i cant decide what sub will hit harder and be louder the audioban aw1206t or a alpine swr-1242d its only one sub and what ever one i chose willbe powered by a jl audio e1800d amp pumping 1000 wat rms at 2 ohms whitch is what i plan to run to either sub but i cant decide on the better buy i need help

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4016
that amp produces 800 watts rms at 2 ohms, but what do you say about trading it for a 12w7 lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 37
nah and it dose produce 1000 wat at 2 ohms because i am runnign it off a sperate batterie so its pushing 14v

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4019
thats pretty true i guess, you can get 1100 from the 1000/1 lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 38
i still need to know what kind of sub will be the best for under 200$ im so lost on this one because my curent system blew ;(

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4021
hmm, for 225 SHIPPED, ill give you my 2 12 inch audiobahns that are SVC 4 ohms in a bandpass box, they require 400-500 watts rms each and can be wired down to 2 ohms to get that potential form your amp lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 39
nah i can pick up a set or aw1206t in a bandapsss box with neons for 250 lol but i only need one sub so propbly not giong to buy them.......i still need a good sub for under 200$ though and i already have a custom made ported box for 12' sub

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4022
yea thats the same setup beje, BUT, thats a HUGE problem, what is the box ported to, and how many cubic feet, just becuase a 12 inch sub goes in it DOES NOT mean that the sub will react well with it, EVERY sub needs a different box

Bronze Member

Post Number: 40
yeah the box is tuned to 42 hz because before i was runnign a high sq sub in it but that can be changed easily and the cubic space is 1.35

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4027
well you have to find a sub that will work with that box
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us