Subwoofer Comparisons

Bronze Member
Username: Iufan4lifeul

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 58
I have my car wired with 8 gauge wire to an Alpine-350 amplifier. It is 200 RMS X 1 @ 4 ohms, and 350 RMS X 1 @ 2 ohms. (I have been told that it can get 400+ RMS X 1 @ 2 ohms). I am currently running 2 12" 900wmax/300wrms Sony Xplod's and am looking for an upgrade. I want to keep the same amp. The options are these:

2 12" Kicker CVR12's (800wmax/400wrms)
2 AUDIOBAHN AW1206T 12"'s (2200wmax/1100wrms)
2 Audiobahn AW1200Q 12" High Excursion Woofer (750wrms)
or MAYBE 2 Alpine SWR-1222D 12" Type-R Series Subwoofer (1500wmax/500wrms)

Even though the others are more powerful in watts I am slightly leaning towards the kickers. I am looking for a decent balance between SQ and SPL. I would like hard hitting, car shaking bass that sounds decent. My Xplod's rattle the trunk and mirrors pretty good but I want to improve on that. Thanks for the help!

Silver Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 108
for shaking.. = kicker or audiobahn

although the type r's always will be my love. lol

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 59
Scratch the Alpines, too expensive for me. Also any suggestions that might work better than all of the subwoofers I listed is ok too but please evaluate the ones I listed. (I am hoping for around 120$ for the pair on ebay, that is what I have found the kickers for)

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 60
Out of the kickers and the audiobahn's, which one will have more deep LOUD bass to it and which will have better sound quality? I also have found 2 12" audiobahn's for 100$ on ebay. THey are 1000wmax/500wrms apeice...

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 61
And if I got the kickers, should I get the 2 ohms one or the 4 ohms one? THey are both the same price... what is the advantages of 1 over the other.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1900
Audiobahn will be louder, and kicker will sound better.
Ohms have to do with wiring options to you're amp.

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 62
so personal opinion, for best mix of SPL and SQ 2 Kicker CVR12's vs. 2 Audiobahn 1000peak/500RMS vs. 2 Audiobahn's 1200 Peak/700 RMS.... which one would you buy?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1904
Personally, I would go with audiobahn. That is my apinion though. Some people don't really like audiobahn, but I've never had a problem with them, and my friend is running some now, and they are still thumping...
If you can, go to any car audio place and listen to the Kicker's, they don't sound bad either. They will sound a little better, but won't get as loud. You'll just have to deside wich do you want more, sq, or spl.

Unregistered guest
hey i have 2 12inch alpine type e with 1 700 watt amp and they hit really hard so go with alpine over anything else , i have heard all others and they dont compare to the alpine experience.

Unregistered guest
hey i have 2 12inch alpine type e with 1 700 watt amp and they hit really hard so go with alpine over anything else , i have heard all others and they dont compare to the alpine experience.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1611
look into 4 15in talmults from www.adireaudio.com i think it will give you what you want. or if they still make them a brahma extreme

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 63
how much louder/clearer will those 700watt RMS audiobahn's be over my 300 watt RMS sony xplod's? Keep in mind, my amp is putting out just over 400 RMS per sub.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1909
It all depends on the box you're running now, and will be putting the audiobahns in. If you are going sealed now, and change to ported with the audiobahns... theres a good 4/5 db's total already. As far as clearer... prob not much difference. Sonies don't have that good of sq, and neither does audiobahn... so you shouldn't notice much of a difference. The audiobahns might be a little better though.
But, if you keep the same box, I'd say a good 3 db increase just from changing subs.

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1614
oops. wrong thread

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 64
would the kickers be more accurate and better in a sealed? Because that is what I have and what I am hoping to keep... How much quality/SPL will they add to my Sony's?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1915
I'm not a Kicker guy, so I don't know what type of box they do better in. Sealed will give the best sq, and they should have quite a bit better than the sony's. As far as spl, I haven't heard you're system, so I can't really judge that, but it should be louder though.

Bronze Member
Username: Qup2cit

Australia

Post Number: 13
i just changed from having two 10" sonys 300w rms each in a sealed box to one 15 inch kicker in a ported box. i would not look back to the sony subs the kicker is so much louder and im happy at the sq produced

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 65
ok, new option... what about 2 12" MTX Thunder5500's? How would they sound compared to the kickers and are they reccomended over the kickers?

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1925
I would stay with the Kicker's.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4040
i agree, kickers

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 398
buy some volfenhags :-)

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Winchester, TN

Post Number: 399
to be honest though i would choose audiopipes over all those except the type Rs. audipipes arent that bad for the money just stay away from the technicolor line or whatever it is get the TXX

Bronze Member

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 66
so kickers over audiobahn also? And how much of an improvement will I notice when I replace the Xplod's with the kickers (and please be reasonable)

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1934
If you're wanting some sq, then yes, kickers over audiobahns. If you are just wanting spl, then go with audiobahn.
The kickers will sound better, and be around 3 db's louder I'd guess.

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 58
I am selling 2 NEW 12inch Diamond D6 Subs. I am asking $325.00 plus shipping Per Subs. These are the new line of Subwoofers from Diamond. These Subs are still in the factory box and never been Used at all. Also I still have my Xtant 1001 that Im also selling and asking $600.00 plus shipping for the Xtant 1001. The Xtant I just got back from factory also so it is in good condition. The Pioneer Double Din I am asking $100.00 plus shipping for it. Email unan0@hotmail.com or call (425) 985-5415 if interested. I can take Paypal unan0@hotmail.com but please add 3% for the fee, or contact me for other arrangements. Thank you for looking

Upload

Upload
Upload

Username: Bass_lover

Phx, AZ Us

Post Number: 3
well id go with the kickers i went 2 an audio store and tested the audioban (1100watt rms)and kickers L7s(750watt rms) the kickers definatly sounded better

question what is spl and sq ?????????

ps i have 2 12" fubr subs by poweracustik thay are verry verry loud but so far dont hit hard enugh for me
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us