Sean box dilemma Sub and i need a third opinion

Bronze Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 92
Ok i wanted to go ported for 2 12' atlas tuned to 32hrtz...i wanted it to be able to pound and be loud but still hit the lows...Subfanatic says go sealed, itll hit the lows better than ported and its just better for the type of subs...Then i got an idea since u and sub been talking about abc box...hmmm now we need you opinion wut do you think?Ported, Sealed, or ABc and how would abc be and would it be able to hit the lows better than ported and possibly maybe even like a sealed box??? Help us out

Silver Member
Username: Bdb_86

Bemidji, MN Usa

Post Number: 239
for loudness and hitting thoes lows i like to use a slot ported box its like adding a hole nuther sub, my subzone 1.5cf box maid my $105.00 pioneers sound extreimly impressive

check it out http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/547269/4

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 594
Stick to the sealed. That sub yearns to be in a sealed box.

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 93
Whats the difference between the slot ported and just ported? isnt it the same thing? Sean if u have nay input i would aprreciate greatly

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2451
slot ported and ported ar the same thing just different shape ports typically when you say ported it means round ports and slot ports means just that ex. 2 inch wide by 8 inches high

Gold Member

Post Number: 2452
and nick to my discovery a re xxx 15 in my triple chamber abc box eneded up taking a little more than 13 cf for one and this is because of the power requirements and the low frequency needed to port at which creates more port legth which takes up more room inside the enclosure...all this should be figured using the flatest response possible from your subwofers which ends up requiring more box size ...so in short even at a moderate box size your enclosure becomes large in an triple chamber abc box with low mid and high port tunes (dual chambers being smaller with a low and mid tune)

Gold Member

Post Number: 2453
Example

from what basslova and I figured my tangband 6.5's will take about 2.71 cf for a triple chamber abc box including the ports and subs displacements

5 ports in total

Gold Member

Post Number: 2454
that was the box size for both my tangbands in the same enclosure

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 4023
im saying sealed

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 94
So basically go for the sealed, bcuz the box size for the abc would have to b pretty large?

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 95
Hey sub lets just go for the sealed box man. Im ready to finally install everything. Im on AIM if u want to talk.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2459
nick i can run you a ported or abc box for them but the box will be big dual chamber abc box

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 97
I think for right now im going to run them in a sealed and mayb later on in summer ill go for the abc when i get some xtra $...and also i need to measure my back i ahve a 97 range so i think ill have room but i play sports and i constantly have a lot of stuff i throw in the back, so from wut im hearing the abc box will pretty much be my trunk. Im def intereested in it and will most likely get one in summer hopefully either you or subfantic can help with the building of it cuz i woulndt know where to begin

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 98
and when u say u can run me a porte or abc does that mean make it so it can hit the lows like a sealed enclosure???

Gold Member

Post Number: 2466
yes

Silver Member
Username: Koz1031

Monticello, In United states

Post Number: 392
John;
I lost your e-mail addy. If you still want that box program, please re e-mail me so I can send it to you. I finally found it. Sorry I don't know what happened to the addy.

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 99
Sean wut a box like that run me and wut is the cubic ft? DO u think it would fit in my range?

Bronze Member

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 100
ill c if i can measure my back later on 2day

Gold Member

Post Number: 2473
well my triple chamber for my 6.5 tangbands ended up being quite large 3.61 cf gross so im sad to say a triple chamber isnt feasable for you with that one but a dual should be

Gold Member

Post Number: 2474
Koz!!!! where ya been man. Long time no see.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us