Bronze Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 99
will someone go over the whole spill of what exactly

1000x1
100 x 2
150x 4

yada yada is on an amp and what 1/2/3/4 whatever stable the amp is also means?

also for the subs: what is the ohm meaning on them?

i have rockfords that are 4 ohm.. I dunno wtf this has to do with anything..

I hope someone can understand what i'm trying to ask..

like what is a mono 1 channel.. and 2 channel and what does it have to do with a sub, also, does the voice coils have anything of relevance with any of this?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 430
yes sir u are confused lol its aright. okay here we go....

1000 x 1 would mean it puts out 1000 watts into 1 channel (mono amp) and mono means 1 channel as mono means 1. 100 x 2 would mean it puts out 100 watts into each of the 2 channels equalling a total of 200 watts. 150 x 4 would mean it puts out 150 watts into each channel equalling 600 total watts. now, there is more to it. lets say its 1000 x 1 at 2 ohms. generally speaking its going to be 2000 x 1 at 1 ohm. whenever you divide the impedence by 2 you double power and whenever u multiply it by 2 you divede the power by 2. so then it would be 500 x 1 at 4 ohms. now if an amp is 2 ohm stable that means its best to run it at 2 ohms. if you run it at 1 ohm you will most likely encounter problems because the lower the ohm load the more stress it puts on the amp. 2 channel amps can usually be briged to make lets say 100x 2 into 200 x 1. and for the subs... if you have a 4ohm sub then it will put a 4 ohm load on the amp. if you have two 4 ohm subs and u wire them parallel to a mono amp you get a 2 ohm load. if you wire them series you get a 8ohm load. now if you had a 2 channel amp thats say 200 x 2 at 4 ohms. then you could run each sub to its own channel and run it at 4 ohms.... now if you had DVC subs (dual voice coils) then you have to wire them parellel or series. so if you had dual 4 ohm then you could wire that one sub to either a 2 ohm load of 8 ohm load. the voice coils mean a lot. its going to determine what load it puts on ur amp and how much power will be going to the sub.... hope i helped ya out some.

Username: Bigred2069

Post Number: 3
how do you wire in series? you ssay u wire to 4 ohm subs like that it makes them 8 ohms....i no how to bridge and parrellel and all but idk about anyting about htis series....

"then you could run each sub to its own channel and run it at 4 ohms.... "

and if u have a 2 channel amp and u run a 4 ohm sub(svc) to each channell isnt that going to be 2 ohms?

Bronze Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 100
.. that made no sense to me whatsoever

and not what I asked lol..

I mean ...simply, how can I tell what amp will run what subs? and at what wattage etc..

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 436
well u say u have rockfords...plural... so im assuming 2... so if both are 4ohm... then wire them to 2 ohms... so you want a 2 ohm amp that will push the right amount of power (RMS) at 2 ohms

Silver Member

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 106
ugh I about give up trying to learn this stuff lol

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 438
dont. i was in ur shoes when i joined this website in september 04... just keep reading posts and looking on websites... go to this site to learn ANYTHING!

www.bcae1.com
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us