What kind of Woffer

Unregistered guest
well what do u think, i got a bit of cash and i dont know if i should get the "tpye r or type x", or RE xxx, jlw7 or the jl w6somthing somthing somthing...what do u guys think...i want it loud and clear (tons of sq and slq)

Unregistered guest
oh ya the ecplise SW9182 pro...what do u guys think would be a good choice, or if u have other sugestions i would love it...right now i have an mtx thunder 6000 10inch powerd by a rockford 900watt amp with a clarion db135...right now i want a betetr sub. i got good speakers..but need sub

Unregistered guest
oh ya the ecplise SW9182 pro...what do u guys think would be a good choice, or if u have other sugestions i would love it...right now i have an mtx thunder 6000 10inch powerd by a rockford 900watt amp with a clarion db135...right now i want a betetr sub. i got good speakers..but need sub

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 425
the Ti Pro is an SPL driver... look into the regular Ti for SQL... for the best SQ your best bet is probably the w6v2 ... the xxx will have great SQL as well as the W7 but some ppl dont like the sound of a W7. i would eliminate alpine from your list.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1389
Avalanche 15's are a good way to go. 800 rms each and will sound good even at 600 rms.

Unregistered guest
why do you recomend the w6v2, isnt the w7 a more advanced woffer? and what would be louder and clearer (best sql/sq)and what would be a better deal xxx w6v2 W7?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 427
okay. the best deal by 98 percent of this forum would say the xxx. however the louded and clearest would be hard to tell. the w6v2 is a lil ways behind the xxx and w7 in spl but all 3 subs are clear. its all about what sound you like. many like the w6v2 as well as the xxx. however there are people out there that like the W7 also. most reccomend the w6v2 over the W7 because they dont like the sound of the W7 although it doesnt have a lot of distotion, they just like the sound of the w6v2 better. the W7 has a much greater xmax and can reach mch higher levels of SPL than the w6v2. so its all about what you want. me personally who is going for SQL bought a 15 avalanche. although other subs i wish i had money to try out as well are the xxx, ID max, eclipse Ti, and 13w6v2. but i cant have everything and ascendant audio has really impressed me with the avalanche... you may want to look into it as its cheaper than any of those subs above and can perform just as well if not better in some opinions.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3972
beau, heres how it is from my stand point you hage tons of options, since your searching for best sql sq, then look into ID MAX heavely, Eclipse Ti, Eclipse AL, X.X.X jl w6v2, jlw7. those are what im reccomending, and honestly, for sq, i like it like this, eclipse al, w6, id max(havent personally heardl, but people LOVE IT, so im putting it third) then the x.x.x, eclipse Ti, w7, i DO NOT like the way the w7 sounds and is barely louder than the w6v2 as trevor said, i belive otherwise. also look into w3v2s. But honestly, i would get the eclipse ti lol

Beau
Unregistered guest
on eclipse's website it says there sub is a
4ohm+4ohm what does that mean?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3984
it means, you wire it to either 8 ohms or 2 ohms, meaning you need an amp to give the RMs at one of those ohm loads

Bronze Member
Username: Saustin1988

Post Number: 12
heh just buy like 3 w6v2's and u'll have great sq and spl. More surface area = louder.... i think.
i have 2 12w6v2s with a PG X 1200.1, which means i could add another w6 to my set up and my amp would match it perfectly :-)... i think
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us