Jonathon OR Isaac!!!

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3942
ok sorry for posting this in the sub and amp section lol, but i didnt know where you would check so i thought id put it in both lol, but first off, jonathon, how is your eclipse 8454 hu??? is that a good hU??? also how is the Kenwood KDC mp822 for a HU?? is it any good, but the main reason for this thread is im wondering, ive changed my mind and i want sq in my car, and i believe its one of you two that has like a bigjillion speakers in there car with like phase control to the sound waves and such, and im wondering if this is one of you and how this cna be accomplished or if you have any tips on sq, by the way im giong to use 2 15 tis for the sq if nooone buys them

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2735
Isaac is the one with like 11 speakers.

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1378
I own a Eclipse CD8454 / Best Head Unit i have ever owned. I dont even use all that it offers. If you are only running componants and subs then stay with the Eclipse CD5444 but if you are gonna use more then componants and more complex system then get the CD8454. Either way you cant find many HU's like these.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3947
yea, im going to do somen simliar to what isaac has hopefully, but im not sure im really frusterrated right now lol, i cant get any amps to work in my car

Gold Member

Post Number: 1382
What kind of car do you have ?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3950
1998 dodge neon expresso

Gold Member

Post Number: 1383
Why arent the amps working in this car ? If you can find the CD8454 then i whould go for it if i were you. I got mine from tristateaudio a seller on ebay. They are a authorized dealer from a mall in newjersey. I confirmed it with eclipse.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3954
i would like to, but not right now, paying off the tranny, but idk, ever since i took the interfire amp out no amps turn on in my car, its pissin me off

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3110
Subfanatic read the post under the amps thread.
If the amps are not turning on, check the power wires and remote wire from the HU using DMM.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3959
what is DMM? i read them and responded

Gold Member

Post Number: 1385
You can get them at Radio Shack

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3961
how much are they? and what do i do with them

Gold Member

Post Number: 3113
DMM = Digital Multi Meter. If you work a lot with electronics, it'll save you tons of time and grief.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3962
how much are they? and what exactly will it do

Gold Member

Post Number: 3115
They range in price from $10 - $1000. The most popular ones fall somewhere around $60 - $120.
They can help you measure, current, voltage, short, open, RMS power, polarity, and resistence.
With it, it can help you take the guessing out of problems. For example, your amp situation, if you measured the power wires and remote wire from the HU, it'll tell you if it's blown or not. Come in handy for tracing speaker wires too. Basically anything that needs measuring, you can use DMM.
One more thing, you can find blown fuses with it also.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3965
thats nice, ill get one when i pay off my tranny, lol, but ill make sure to ask if its a good one or not first
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us