Which of these ports to pick for box?

Bronze Member
Username: Lukasz70

Post Number: 42
hi, thought id start a new post regarding the port sizes. anyway, built a box, 13.75H x 21L x x 12w inside making it 2cuft. i just need ports.
the manual for sub says to do 2 3"x12" ports
but here are my other calculations based on this http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=31 which is based on these formulas http://www.carstereo.com/help/Articles.cfm?id=21

1. sub manual says 2ports 3" 11.7long id do 11.5. (BUT ONLY 2.75 clearence from bottom of port to box bottom is that good enough or no?

2. 2 2.5"x7.83"

3. 4 1.5"x5.86"

4. 3 2"x7.8" would have to have all 3 on one side rather then spread out along back, read that its not good having one port closer to sub, if all 3 on one side, it would be like a slot kinda.

cant slot, can only do ports. which of these would be best and why? just need this to finsh off box.

oh specs,
suppose to be tuned to 37hz with 3"x12" but the online calculator gave me the above configs for 37hz also.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2385
ideally it should be 3.00 inch clearance but id say yes do the 2.75 clearance you should be ok

Bronze Member

Post Number: 43
cool, thx, i guess i can also pull the port out just a cm or 2,
the only other concern now is the fit in my trunk, how much clearence should the ports have on the outside? 3in is ok? they have about 5in of clearence from top of box to top of speaker panel (i guess thats wut its called) behind rear seats

5inch on outside of box ok?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2391
sounds ok

Bronze Member

Post Number: 45
k i just put teh box in to test it out, no ports installed yet, just 3" holes for them and this thing hits pretty hard, and its nice and clear, just have to figure out how to adjust amp after i put the ports in:-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us