Cap Question

Username: Cjennings

Post Number: 5
Simple Question, Do i need anything else to run a cap other then the battery, 2 power cords, the cap and the amp? I read somewhere that you need Buss bars or somethign like that. Im only running 1Farad Cap before my 800RMS Amp.

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3104
You will need to charge the capacitor first. If not, when you try and connect it to the battery, you'll get a big spark.
Use a 12v light bulb to charge it safely.
If the amp is truely 800w rms, then 1F will not be enough. You'll need 1.5F or 2F.

Post Number: 7
are you sure about the 1.5-2F? Specs state that 1F is good up to 1000RMS

Post Number: 8
Oh, and what do you mean usa a light bulb to charge it?

passerby
Unregistered guest
Mount them as close to the amplifier as possible, and choose at least .5 farad (500,000 microfarads) per 500 watts RMS of power output.

passerby
Unregistered guest
I do believe (if i'm not mistaken) to use like a 1k resistor to charge your cap slowly to the desired 12/14vlts.

alink
Unregistered guest
http://www.caraudiohelp.com/car_audio_capacitor_installation/car_audio_capacitor _installation.htm

Username: Ricanplaya

Miami, Fl Us

Post Number: 1
queation, i have a 2 chanel amp. my radio has a subwoofer out and the regular left and right line out. wat hapens if i coonect the subwoofer out from the radio in to the amps left input. den then cut an RCA cable and connect the neg, and pos, in the amps left output and connect that into the amps right input and connect my subs in to the the right output, would'nt dat like double the power i get from the amp? or would it frie it ..... email me at savir04@yahoo.com pleaze
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us