Alpine stuff--- good??/bad??

JAKE REED
Unregistered guest
specifically the type S.. i can get 2 type s(300wrms) for about 120$..... are they good or bad/ and also what are better 2 of those or 2 kicker cvr

Username: Mike_l_10

Post Number: 2
Hey,
you can get the Alpine type R's for pretty cheap. stay away from the S and go for the R'S THEY ROCK! oh I have 2 12" Xtant X series subs for 150 plus shipping! they sound amazing! check my post

Jake Reed
Unregistered guest
yes but 1 type r will wipe out my money.. and i really am pushing to get 2 subs because i want to squeze all of the spl i can get for my buck(without resorting to audiobahn) 1 type R or 2 cvr(both would be 12"s)

Bronze Member
Username: Subzer0

Richmond, KY USA

Post Number: 93
.. get a type R.. spl is lame really..

JAKE REED
Unregistered guest
whatta you mean spl is lame... i mean YES i want to have my subs sound good.... but i want them to get loud too!!

Post Number: 4
Jake,
If thats what your looking for dont waste your money on Type S's

Anonymous

Hey iwas fixing to get 3 Alpine SWR-1042D 10" Type-R Series subs but i was'nt sure if they were good or not. Has anyone actually heard them before or not and do they sound good.

Post Number: 5
Ive heard 2 typeR 12's my buddy had pushed a little under specs and they sound really good. Not the best. But the SQ was great the bass wasnt the loudest but dont be mistaken it was still loud

allende5
Unregistered guest
I've tried all three in 10", the type-s, type-r and type-x. The type-s is not worth your money. The newer type-r's (500w) are great. Pay the extra $15-20 more per sub for the type-r on ebay, you will be glad you did.

If money is still the bigger issue, I'm sure some of the guys here can suggest a better sub than the type-s for the money.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us