10" or 12" jl w3's

Username: Cajun74

Post Number: 2
I have a gmc extended cab truck and i was wondering what would be better,2 10" or 12" subs. I am getting a box for under the rear seat but the box is the same size for both subs, just a differnt sized hole cut. What would be my benifit of getting 12's over the 10's. I am new to this so if anyone can get me in the right direction i would be greatful. Thanks in advance.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1879
12's have more surface area, meaning they move more air, resulting in more bass. 12's will usually reach a little deeper as well. If you can power them right, and give them enough airspace... why not go with the 12's?

Post Number: 3
The box i am looking at buying has .85 airspace persub and a mouning depth of 6.25. The amp i already have is a Memphis "baby" belle. it is a 5 channel amp and the 5th channel is 1x100 rms at 4 ohm, 1x200 rms at 2 ohm and 1x400 rms at 1 ohm. Could you recommend a sub that might work well with this setup.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1882
The w3 should work good with that amp, 400 watts will make it sound great.

Post Number: 4
How would you wire these to get the most power. I beleive the w3's are dvc.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1886
Can you give the amps specs, and is the sub 2 ohm dvc, or 4 ohm dvc?

Post Number: 5
The amp specs on the 5th channel are 100w rms at 4 ohm, 200w rms at 2 ohm, and 400w rms at 1 ohm. The amp is 1 ohm stable. the model number is Memphis 16-MCH600. Right now i have it hooked up to a memphis power reference 12" svc and the other 4 channels to jl audio 6.5's in the front and 4" in the rear. I was wanting to upgrade and as far as the subs i want to upgrade to they havent been bought yet so i can buy what ever ohm model i need. I really dont know which one to buy so i was trying to get some info on here before i bought them. I really appreciate the help from you.

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1888
Oh ok, get the 2 ohm dvc... or just make sure it can be wired to a 1 ohm load. That should sound nice.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us