Well guys it looks like basslova and I Got the tangband 6.5's

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 2352
We will be both comparing notes on the dual chamber abc box as well as the triple chambered design i came up with. I should be recieving mine noneday may the 30th or 31st. Basslova should be recieving his a few days after me. Weve been talking and he says he has some other 6.5's he is going to use till the tangbands get here. If you told me I was going to be expreminting with 6.5's for spl and sq i would have never believed it. Using 100 watts rms no less to boot.

Bronze Member
Username: Lowrollins10

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 51
Sean what are Tangbands? And how are you going to use 6.5's for SPL?

-Matt

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 52
NM I looked at their website. Are you talking about that 6.5" sub? How many did you get and how much do they cost? I would love to know how that sounds!!!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2353
two 6.5's 91.22 shipped...well let you know lol

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 53
Sweet. thats a cool idea man. Did you get them from parts express? Do you think any of those 5 1/4's that are mainly for home audio like peerless and Dayton Audio have any sq in a car?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2355
yeah i ordered them from parts express

Gold Member

Post Number: 2356
let me check out those daytons again

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 54
ive heard of people using Dayton in cars but never have known the outcome.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2359
heres one dayton 6.5

DAYTON DC160S-8 6-1/2" CLASSIC SHIELDED WOOFER
Part Number 295-306

List Price: $23.99 EA
Price: $19.25 EA (1-3)
Quantity Price: $17.95 EA (4+)
Quantity:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Stock? Yes
Weight: 5.00 lbs.
Catalog Page: 155 (PDF)
Email This Page To A Friend!

Perfect for audio/video use. Features paper cone, treated cloth dustcap and butyl rubber surround.
Specifications: * Power handling: 50 watts RMS/75 watts max * Voice coil diameter: 1-3/8" * Voice coil inductance: 2.40 mH * Impedance: 8 ohms * DC resistance: 7.0 ohms * Frequency response: 33-4,000 Hz * Magnet weight: 15 oz. * Fs: 33 Hz * SPL: 87 dB 1W/1m * Vas: .78 cu. ft. * Qms: 3.89 * Qes: .34 * Qts: .32 * Xmax: 3.15mm * Net weight: 3.5 lbs. * Dimensions: Overall Diameter: 6-1/2", Cutout Diameter: 5-3/4", Mounting Depth: 3-1/2", Magnet Diameter: 4-1/2", Magnet Height: 2".

and another

DAYTON DC160S-4 6-1/2" CLASSIC SHIELDED WOOFER 4 OHM
Part Number 295-308

List Price: $23.99 EA
Price: $19.25 EA (1-3)
Quantity Price: $17.95 EA (4+)
Quantity:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Stock? Yes
Weight: 5.00 lbs.
Catalog Page: 155 (PDF)
Email This Page To A Friend!

The Dayton Classic woofers are excellent as replacements or for new system design and construction. Their versatile set of parameters make them suitable for sealed or vented enclosure designs. With impressive bass performance and smooth overall response, they are popular in many DIY loudspeaker projects.

Specifications: *Power handling: 50 watts RMS/75 watts max *VCdia: 1-3/8" *Le: 1.00 mH *Impedance: 4 ohms *Re: 3.3 ohms *Frequency range: 33-4,000 Hz *Fs: 33 Hz *SPL: 89.0 dB 1W/1m *Vas: .78 cu. ft. *Qms: 2.80 *Qes: .38 *Qts: .33 *Xmax: 3.15mm *Dimensions: A: 6-1/2", B: 5-3/4", C: 3-1/2".
Treated paper cone provides smooth response and low energy storage
Aluminum former, vented pole piece, and porous dustcap for high power handling
Large diameter flat spider and good Xmax for clean bass

Gold Member

Post Number: 2360
opps didnt realize you meant 5.25's

Gold Member

Post Number: 2361
sure id think so esp from what iread on peerless..originally i had considered using those

Gold Member

Post Number: 2362
i hear dayton is good too but if you look at that tangband post he says they sounded better than his dayton 8's but id suspect its more about box for him

Gold Member

Post Number: 2363
i didnt choose the daytons for what i wanted because they didnt have the xmax and i wanted to move some air....daytons are like 3.5 mm xmax and the tangbands ar 11.5 mm and if you look on tangbands site specifically they claim 12 mm xmax

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 55
are you going to use a box for the Tangbands? or are they just going to be free air in your doors? Can you use those in conjunction with say a 12" woofer? Like have a 6.5 an 8" and a 12" all diffrent frequencies using a 3 way crossover?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2364
im doing the dual chamber abc box this guy did and my experimental 3 chamber abc box to compare http://www.cardomain.com/id/kennywrx

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 56
Are the 2 Ports tuned to diffrent Frequencies? Thats one wacky @ss box. whats the advantage of it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2365
yes they are tuned to different frequencies......I believe his ar ported to 32 and 45 hz....did you watch the videos at the botom of the page ....he using 100 watts rms and hit 130.3 db at 50 hz

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 730
hey sean...i dont think you're going to get the tangbands tommorow....mail doesnt runs on memorial day..or does it..

Gold Member

Post Number: 2366
lol man your right

Bronze Member

Champaign, IL

Post Number: 57
Its a government holiday...ARMY gets it off i am sure the postal sevice does to unless its like UPS or FEDEX
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us