6.5" Component Sets!!!!!!!

Silver Member
Username: Tdbdrummer

Post Number: 350
Ok, I need help, Isaac said I need 6.5" speakers instead of 6x9's due to cone issues, but anyways, what are some good sets that are full range (highs, mids, and lows - primarily mids and highs though) and do they make enclosures for either 6.5" coaxial speakers or the 6.5" component speakers?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3119
TB, Infinity Kappa Perfects are a good start. With speakers, it's best to listen in person. Some will sound better live than on paper.
They have speaker baffles for 6.5". You might be able to find an enclosure or have someone make one for you. It's not that hard at all. I've used PVC 6" pipes.
Check out the website installer.com.

Silver Member

Post Number: 370
I found some 6.5" enclosures, BUT where would the tweeter go? Also, I have some "hard" tweeters (150W rms each) that came free with my sub enclosure. Would it be possible to run these from a 4 channel amp? Also, I have a question, with home audio, if you put 2 different pairs of speakers into the SAME receiver/amp, one pair will end up getting the bass, while the other pair gets the treble. Does this same affect happen in car audio, or does it have a way around it?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3143
TB, you can mount the tweeter anywhere possible, as long as it's close to the mid bass driver.
Read this post, I think someone asked the same question.
https://www.ecoustics.com/electronics/forum/car-audio/139456.html

when you say 2 different pair of speakers, are you talking about woofers or woofer and a tweeter? What determines the frequency is not the "different" speaker, but crossover. If one of the speaker had capacitor, depending on the value, it'll receive the mid - highs.
In theory, if one of the speaker had different ohms, then yes it is possible to get slightly higher sound on one speaker. The reason is that, the voice coil will act as a "crossover" for the other.
Take a look at sub crossover setup. It has a coil connected in parallel. That is basically what your example is doing.

Silver Member

Post Number: 371
I'm talking about I've connected a Pioneer speaker, and its Sony counterpart to the same amp(home audio stuff) and one speaker received primarily bass, while other received primarily treble. If I were to run a 2 6.5" Volfenhag speakers to a 4 channel amp, as well as my Components of choice, would treb./bass be equally distributed?

Gold Member

Post Number: 3146
Never trust a Sony when it comes to audio. They need to quit now and stop wasting consumer's time and money.
As long as you watch the ohms and crossovers, I don't see why not.
I've done it.

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
Well that was just one time lol. And it was actually with a GOOD Sony speaker believe it or not, the SS-MB350H is a good speaker for the price, but anyways, I've done it with speakers I've built! But I know what you're saying.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us