Installed my new speakers!Attn: Jon,Justin,Isaac etc.

Bronze Member
Username: Hellbender

Los Angeles, California USA

Post Number: 92
Hey guys I finished installing my new components, I wound up getting the A/D/S 6 1/2" 236'is and damn did i make the right choice. I never thought a set of speakers could make so much difference, to hear all the subtle nuances is truly amazing.The only thing i dont like about them is that the tweets while sounding tonally perfect are not quite loud enough. othe rthan that they are perfect, thanks guys for your input and help on choosing a good set of speakers. By the way, do youthink mounting the tweets in the a-pillars would be the way to go to make the tweets a lil louder or should i just connect another set of tweets i have lying around and run them off my HU? right now my speakers are running off a jbl px300.4 amp at 123 watts rms per channel. I would be using a pair of audiobahn tweets running off of 22 watts rms from the HU in the 4x6 dash location. what would you do? Thanks everyone!

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 3135
You definitely do not want to separate the tweeters too far away from the mid bass driver. If you're not getting enough highs, then get a good 2nd pair. No cheap stuff. Unlike bass, you will notice the tweeter sound quality much more.
Your HU has a cheap amp built in, and using it on a tweeter will make the highs sound harsh and tinny.
You should be able to hook up another tweeter with a capacitor as a crossover, on the same speaker wire. It'll drop the resistance but you should be fine.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4020
Glad you're happy with them. I agree w/ Isaac, if you want to add a little shimmer, go with a set of metal domes up top or similar. The CDT Image Enhancement kits are great for this, actually, and your impedance won't drop.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 93
cool, thanks for the input. Did you mean these Jon? http://www.cdtaudio.com/cdt10lp.htm

And where would i hook these up at, before or after the a/d/s/ passive crossover? would i need a second xover/capacitor or would i use the tweeter input on the a/d/s set? and finally why wouldnt my impedance drop? thanks guys,

Bronze Member

Post Number: 94
forgot to ask, do you guys know where i can find the specs for these at? i was thinking the titanium domes for the highs and a wee bit of midrange.what size to get though? there's 19,20,24 and 26 mm on this website http://www.carstereoworld.com/cdtech/tweeter.html am i on the right track here or should i stick with all silk?

Bronze Member

Post Number: 95
or would something here be better? http://www.carstereoworld.com/cdtech/imageenhancement.html .I'm looking to spend under $100.00 for this hopefully. sorry I'm so full of questions tonight heh. Thanks

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 4021
I was referring to the Upstage kit, my bad, got the names mixed up. The upstage kit allows you to connect the tweeters ahead of the passive crossovers, and the upstage tweeter will handle super high treble, and filter that from the component system so that the impedance will remain the same. In the case of the Image Enhancement Kit (the one you linked), you'd hook it in parallel with your existing crossover and your impedance would drop, but like said above, it's not a big deal. Even so, neither is horribly high priced for what you're getting. Both work well, the Upstage system is a little better, though.

As far as the tweeters themselves, all are dedicated supertweeters, if you want more aggressive detail, go with the Titanium, if you want a smoother sound, then stick with the silk.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 100
I am ordering the silk image enhancement kit. I think this will be my best option at this time and I wouldnt mind the extra watts that dropping to 2 ohms will give me. In the meantime i want to experiment with tweeter position up top with my extra existing cheapie tweeter so i can get an idea of where I'll want the ones in the kit located. Do i just connect them in parallel to the tweeter output on my a/d/s crossover and wire it that way? thanks,
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us