What AMP would suit my subs???

Username: Nav

Post Number: 1
Hey, i dont know a whole lot about car audio, i need some advice as to what amplified i should buy, currently i am using a JVC KS-AX4700 which has 100 watts continous power into 2 channels.. into 4 ohms, And i have 2 x MTX thunder 6000 with a RMS of 250w.

With both the subs running with this amplifier, i am not getting good bass, so ive decided to run only one sub at the moment, so ive bridged the amplifier, it is noticiably better, but still does not compare to some other people who are running one 12" sub.

i want to know if its the amplifier that i am using which is not powerfull enough to run the sub at its full, and the bass should be better, OR if i am using average subs and they wont sound any better then they do now.

if someone could tell me what amplifier would power these subs at there best, would be appreciated :-) or if my subs arent good? thanx..

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 367
A total RMS of 250w? Hmm...You might want to get an Alpine MRV-T320, Rockford Fosgate P3002, or even a Phoenix Gold R 4.0:2 I'm not sure what your budget is...

Post Number: 6
thanx dude, ah budget, well im not a sound freak, ne thing that isnt ridiculous. maybe a few hundred.

yeah pretty sure total rms of 250 with peak of 500.. are they decent, average? crap?.. lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 369
They would be classified as average I guess, but they have a lot of potential...

Post Number: 7
thanx man, and the amps u where talking about, i had a look at some of the specs, the amp with the highest RMS rating out of the 3 was 300rms, would that be enough to run 2 x 250 rms subs, or where u suggesting i get 2 seperate amps?

Silver Member

Post Number: 372
Ahh, so they're 250w rms each? Then you would be better off getting a higher power amp...

Post Number: 8
alrite no worries..
wud u recommend boss? sum pplz say there ok, sum ppl say there crap
i was thinking of getting the BA-2900, depends on how there reputation is.. wat u think?

thanx for ur help man..
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us