Rockford Fosgate punch p4004 sub recommendations?

Squarehog
Unregistered guest
i recently bought a rockford fosgate punch p4004 with the intent to power 4 pioneer premier 6 1/2" 3 ways at 96w each.
I now want to power the 6 1/2"s off of my deck, bridge the channels on the amp, and run 2 10" subs off of the p4004.
if i bridged 2 channels on each side, i'd have 192W@ 4ohms (x2)to work with. Any recommendations for 10" subs?
Bear in mind that eventually, i want to buy another (read: better) amp to power the subs, and use the p4004 to power my interior speakers.

Squarehog
Unregistered guest
i was thinking the rockford fosgate punch series subs, 4 0hm, rated at 200w nominal; but some of my buddies are claiming that MTX kicks the everloving crap out of rockford fosgate. is this true?

Silver Member
Username: Illuminator

Post Number: 368
In my opinion, Rockford Fosgate is slightly better than MTX...

Squarehog
Unregistered guest
so if i ran some rockford fosgate p210s4's (4 ohm, 200w nominal) off of the p4004, would they be underpowered?

Silver Member

Post Number: 374
Yeah, unfortunately. How many do you plan on powering?

Squarehog
Unregistered guest

Silver Member

Post Number: 376
You could run both of them seperately, each from a bridged row and they would get 100w rms each. I don't see very much else to do...this amp looks like it was made exclusively for a four speaker setup involving anything that isn't a subwoofer...

Squarehog
Unregistered guest
alright, then. i guess i'll wait a bit longer. but in the meantime, can you recommend an amp for the p210s4's? i was thinking either the p8002 or the p10002.

Silver Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 165
rockford fosgate amps are rediculously under-rated, my freinds t8002 http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/ez2rockford/ModelInfo/ModelInfo.asp?Item Key=10063512&CategoryDesc=Power%20Amplifiers
is rated @ 400rmsx2 @ 1 ohm, well on the sheet it comes with it says they tested it and it puts out 1596 rms @ 1 ohm.

Squarehog
Unregistered guest
the factory test sheet that came with the p4004 says that i get 96W rms per channel, @4 0hms. that means if i ran 2 bridged rows, i would have 192 W x2, which would only be 8W less than nominal for the p210s4's. would they sound like crap, or could i use the p4004 in the meantime, until i can afford the p8002?

Username: Trini

Port of spainTrinidad

Post Number: 3
listen if you want real vocals to match your bass use1 RCF 8 inch or emenience beta 8 they are DJ speakers rated at 225RMS at 8 ohms brige two speakers to4 0hms and use fosgate p8004at brige mode with four of those speakers IT WILL MAKE YOUR EARS BLEED!!!!!!

Username: Whitefang

Post Number: 1
ACTUALLY SQUAREHOG I HAVE THE P4004 AMP AS WELL.I WAS RUNNING MY MIDS AND HIGHS WITH IT BUT MY FRIEND GAVE ME SOME SONY EXPLODES NOT MY FIRST CHOICE ANYWAY I HOOKED UP MY AMP SEVERAL WAYS AND THE AMP IS WAY UNDERRTAED BIG TIME.AT 2 OHMS I WAS PUTTING OUT ABOUT 200 WATTS TO EACH SUB THEN I BRIDGED IT I GOT 405 WATTS TO EACH SUB. SOUNDS CRAZY BUT I HAD MY CAR TESTED AND THAT WAS THE RESULTS.I KNOW THE EXPLODES ARE THAT GOOD THEY SAY IT PUTS OUT 1300 WATTS BS.I TURNED MY GAIN ALL THE WAY UP ON THE SUBS AND MY AMP SOUNDED LIKE IT WAS TO MUCH FOR THE EXPLODES.DONT GET IT TWISTED THAT P4004 AMP IS NOT A JOKE IT IS VERY POWERFUL AND CAN EASY RUN A SET OF AVERAGE POWER SUBS. THE EXPLODES BEAT HARD WITH THAT AMP.JUST REMEMBER ROCKFORD UNDER RATES THERE AMPS BIG TIME. MY AMP WAS TESTED FULLY CUZ I WAS CURIOUS THE TOTAL POWER I GOT WAS AROUND 1200 WATTS ALL CHANNELS COMBINED.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us